Castle v.2 re-done

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by BAMFthesenior, Sep 2, 2008.

1. BAMFthesenior

BAMFthesenior Ancient

CASTLE v.2

Alright I think this is the final post on this map. If you read my other post then you already know the basics of this map, also I know Castle v.2 is way unoriginal, so if there are any suggestions for a name tell me, and this time on this post I will also have effective screenshots. Thank you.
    [​IMG]
    Castle overview

[​IMG]
    Back overview

[​IMG]
    Human spawn

[​IMG]
    Zombie spawn

[​IMG]
    Kings quarters

[​IMG]
    Front gate 1

[​IMG]
    Front gate 2

[​IMG]
    Catapult use 1

[​IMG]
    Catapult use 2

[​IMG]
    And... SMASH!!!

[​IMG]
    The King himself

Map: http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=51560388
    Gametype: http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=51560419

#1 BAMFthesenior, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  2. ThPerfectDrug77

ThPerfectDrug77 Ancient

for one thing, try not to take pictures in forge. just start and end a custom game, and then take the pictures. if not, the little spawn points and item lights distract us.

as for your map, i've seen lots of castles, but this is not the worst by far. i absolutely LOVE the dumpster catapults, dude, thats brilliant. i might have to steal that at some point.

3. BAMFthesenior

BAMFthesenior Ancient

Its okay to take the idea, because I cant be the first person thats done that.

4. biscuit127

biscuit127 Ancient

I really like the castle-style infection map, and being able to launch the dumpsters is the bonus that made me download.

Note- You could rename the map Siege v2.

5. Redmonk 70

Redmonk 70 Ancient

I think its pretty good but you should maybe try taking out the gate and putting in a way for the zombies to climb the wall. Idk its just a suggestion.

so yeah

#5 Redmonk 70, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
  6. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

y would the humans spawn outside the castle. doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of defending themselves when they r attacking

and redmonk 70 dont double post edit ur old one

EDIT: sry didn't really understand the which caption went with which pic. maybe space it out a little

7. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

This really looks like a fun map with a creative idea. I cant wait to play this. Good job. The King's room was nicely done.

8. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

dude, you can't post the same map twice, it doesn't matter if its been edited. This is what you call spamming. Just swap the edited version of the map with the original in the original map thread. Forgehub should really stress all the new members to read the Map posting rules before posting any maps...

9. Zachary9990

Zachary9990 Ancient

To be honest with you, I don't think anyone has ever tried the dumpster idea. That's brilliant! Nothing keeps a sniper's head low like a dumpter flying through the air at him. On the other hand though, the map is very open and the castle idea has been done before. Other than that though, I think this is a great map.

10. BAMFthesenior

BAMFthesenior Ancient

i do have to admit its too open, but i didnt use the money glitch, so I cant make anymore to the map.HAPPY FORGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. NUKEZILLA

NUKEZILLA Ancient
    Banned

it has potental the zombie should get more cover for the chance of being spawn killed. also the zombie could just ride the man cannon to the castle. for the most part the map looks good but there are a couple of rough spots that can be fixed a nice attempt 3.5/5

12. BAMFthesenior

BAMFthesenior Ancient

Actually the zombies cannot get in through the man cannons, because if you are playing my specific gametype the zombies have a high gravity so man cannons arent an option for a "get in". Also I thank all of you except Shihuru for the positive feed back. Thank You.

13. UndoingChales

UndoingChales Ancient

i wanna see pics of the dumpster actually killing someone

14. whitehalo3

whitehalo3 Ancient

My map is all about the dumpsters but they are traps and you should give the attackers more cover. 5/10

15. XED360X

XED360X Ancient

wow great idea and i think you made it look great

8/10

i dont realy understand how everyone gets killed
    if the person misses with a box

16. Shade9595

Shade9595 Ancient

this map makes me think of the map helm deep. the base/castle isnt the same, which is probobly better because helms deep's base was just camping with a rocket launcher and sniper rifle. but the game play is pretty much identical. 3/5

17. Insane117

Insane117 Ancient

it looks really good 4.5/5

18. JD at Halo

JD at Halo Ancient

WOW this map is awesome although a bit unfair for the zombies. Do you mind if I build a map that looks a bit like this but with assault gametype?