Castle Bruce

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by okanaryfreeme, Jun 4, 2008.

1. okanaryfreeme

okanaryfreeme Ancient

Castle bruce is the first forging project I ever made, after I new how to control it of coarse. It is a three level castle with only on way in, which just so happily is the front door. To aid the warriors going into battle, I added a wraith. the wraith is held still by two fence walls, making it the perfect replica of a midevil catapult. outside of the castle are two warthog(gause) and two choppers. there is also plenty of equiptment and weapons to get the players inside, as well as inside the castle. enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To download, please go to http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=21722319
    This game works best with Gladiator. To download Gladiator, please go to http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=21722405

#1 okanaryfreeme, Jun 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2008
  2. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

Nothing looks realy exciting the map looks really messy and rushed.

eskychess likes this.
  3. eskychess

eskychess Ancient

the map looks fun but it could use a little cleaning and interlocking to make it all the more better

4. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

looks good but ill bet there is a way to get that wraith out if i tried
    hmm

5. rtlbeans

rtlbeans Ancient

looks good a little messy but ill try it out

6. Jebus1001

Jebus1001 Ancient

Are the custom powerups for decoration or do they have a purpose? If the gametype makes it do something special, please describe it in the description

7. silentPERFECT

silentPERFECT Ancient
    Banned

Need...cough*....Interlocking...Cough*cough* go on...Cough*... without me....ugghh...

8. darkmuse19

darkmuse19 Ancient

interlocking isn't necessary in a map. anyways i like the way this looks and looks pretty good since you didn't. good job

9. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

Looks pretty good for your very first map. The layout is good, but the way it's put together could be a lot better with some forging techniques. If you want to learn how to do things like interlock, check out this forum, it has everything you need to learn how to make a good map http://www.forgehub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=8 The castle idea has been done a million times though, you should try something more original. But I don't doubt that it would be fun to play on. You should work on your presentation some more too. Your grammar is hard to understand at some points and the description could be more detailed.

10. Jump4h

Jump4h Ancient

pretty sweet looking map (and idea)
    I happen to be working on a castle map myself (trying to go for the "most epic castle map evar" award... I expect to finish tomorrow or friday. Called Alcazar, the name for a Spanish castle.)

11. sheepdog136

sheepdog136 Ancient

a map does not need interlocking to be good!!! my gosh people !

12. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

Yes it does I can find hundred of people who agree. Interlocking is almost required in maps now.

13. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

alot could be interlocked thats not.. the layout looks good ut it doesnt look like you spent alot of time on this..

14. Boydeh ..

Boydeh .. Ancient

As many other people said interlocking would be good but its good for a first map .. :)

My first was pretty rubbish :p

15. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

Interlocking is an option no where does it say that it is required. There are awesome maps that were made without interlocking. Stop demanding it from people.

Also

Please read this thread about how to post your map. Note that you are not allowed to have anything but the map title. I have changed this for you.

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191

And

This is a notification for the creator of this thread and for the people whos reply who were affected. This thread has been cleaned of all spam. Also all double/triple posts have been merged together. Note that infractions or warnings may have been given out if it was a repeated offense. If you feel that your reply, infraction, or warning should not have been given please contact me via pesonal message and I will be happy to review the problem with you. Do not discuss this in this thread, it is just a notification.

-Donuts

#15 Soggydoughnuts, Jun 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2008