4-8 Players Cascade

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by HissingWings, Aug 28, 2013.

1. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

Cascade
    This map is a 4-8 player symmetric, atrium styled map. It's original concept was inspired by the map Broken Wings by Aschur and has a few similarities to Haven. There are a lot of jumps in the map that make traversing from place to place very seamless and easy. I have tested this map many times and it has been met with a lot of success. Everyone who has played has really enjoyed playing it. It is not a super competitive map but it is a lot of fun to play on. It plays with a special gametype of mine that has BR/magnum starts, no personal ordinance,and no armor abilities. It would probably play well with Infinity Slayer but it was not tested with it and was not designed for it. It is a decent sized map but the segmentation allows for combat to be very fluid and not cross map. The multiple jumps to different locations allows for players to move around and flank the enemy team.

DL LINK: CASCADE

I also got a chance to play oddball on it and it was a lot of fun, the score was very close throughout the whole match and evereyone had a blast.
    Gametypes:
    BR Slayer
    BR Oddball

Weapon List:

(Ordinance)
    Rockets-120 seconds
    Overshield-90 seconds
    Sniper-random drom

(On Map)
    4 BRs-60 seconds, 2 spare clips
    2 Light Rifles-60 seconds, 2 spare clips
    2 Carbines-60 seconds, 2 spare clips
    2 Boltshots-60 seconds, 1 spare clip
    2 ARs-60 seconds, 2 spare clips
    2 Plasma Pistols-60 seconds
    4 Pulse Grenades-30 seconds
    2 Stickies-30 seconds
    8 Frags-30 seconds

Overview
    [​IMG]

Top and Bottom Mid
    [​IMG]

Back of the map/rocket spawn
    [​IMG]

Blue Spawn
    [​IMG]

Red Spawn
    [​IMG]

Back Side (OS spawns under the4x4 corner)
    [​IMG]

Now that it's basically final I am having it moved to the map discussion thread. I hope you guys enjoy playing customs on it.

#1 HissingWings, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

I just updated the download link. There haven't really been any changes but the map now supports ricochet. For the gametype, I added a few things to make throwing the ball a little more difficult but they only show up when you play ricochet so they don't affect any other gametypes. If anyone plays this or just flies through it I'd really appreciate some feedback

3. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

The over lapping looks very smooth and clean on this. Good job, I tend to really dislike overlaps. :p

HissingWings likes this.
  4. Juanez Sanchez

Juanez Sanchez Ancient

I tried downloading this last night buddy but it got stuck downloading, and still was at the end of the lobby. My internat does that sometimes, it probably will have finished today, we will defo run this next week, it looks epic! I will put y this map to the top of the list.

5. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

Thanks a lot I really appreciate it

6. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

I made a major new addition to the back/rocket side of the map. It now has an upper level accessable via gravlift at the back and jumps from the sides and top mid. My idea for that with the floating walls is to add cover, but still make players up there vulnerable. Also, no weapons spawn up there and it has fairly limited sightlines so it isn't OP. The lower portion has also been overhauled. It now has a little more elevation change and some other additions. These changes are to help with a few of the problems mentioned to mean in the TCOJ lobby thread including lazy cover and top mid being to OP. I think these changes will help both issues. If anyone wants to check it out and see the changes for themselves feel free to leave a comment.

7. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

This is going to probably be the last update for this map. I tried to fix it up a little bit (there are now 2-way nodes on the highest balconies to give that area more flow and hopefully take away some power from the top layer). There isn't really all that much I can do now because I have absolutely no time with school and the little time I can spare for halo will probably be on other maps/projects.