Debate Cartoons are dying (if not already dead)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zendarrun, Aug 20, 2008.

1. DxHydra

DxHydra Ancient

Megas xlr was one of best cartoons i ever watched every episode was funny as hell

but i never remember pokemon EVER being funny when i was in grade 1 i didnt think it was funny and in grade 1 if someone gets sacked you laugh for 20 minutes straight
    and i did watch one of the new episodes of pokemon with my friend once(regret it) i thot it was funny now because you realise how retarded it was like did you notice that the main charactor has hair under his eyes? like wtf
    also when hes serious he turns his hat backwards and the backround goes all wavy and colourful also i thot it was kinda funny how all the pokemon could say was there name (i was a little stoned tho)

2. Ak Gumby

Ak Gumby Ancient

We're living the same life! So basically, QFT!!!!!! I shall add on what I watched also. I really loved watching Rockos Modern Life, another one that I think was called "AHHHHH Monsters!" I think that one revolved around 2 dolls hosting a whole show about other dolls and magazines. Haha, I can't remember but I can totally agree with Wakko on what he said.

3. attacaine

attacaine Ancient

Yeah... we need to go back to the good old days...
    Back when Looney Tunes was creative and funny, not some "Lunatics Unleashed or the Duck Dodgers TV show" crap. Or Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League, and good comic book shows in general (you know, before The Batman and Teen Titans and that crap).
    *Sigh* I remember when Spongebob was good, when Fairly Oddparents had new episodes...

Why does life have to be so cruel?!
    WHY!!!???!!!

4. Murdock Sampson

Murdock Sampson Ancient

Well your right. I think a lot of the stuff is someone seeing a sucessful idea (even if its another cartoon) and tweaking it slightly and throwing it out there.

ha i don't like anime, but i actually watched avatar.

Transformas! That was originally a typo, but i like it.

Yeah I mean since it's gradually growing out of our taste (as we are getting older) we are gradually seeing it as worse. And since we watch it less, when we do watch it much later, we've matured a lot and not adjusted, and so we'll think its bad. Just a notion.

Also you'll notice that looking back on shows our parents watched, we'll think that they're stupid. I guess every generation changes, and the cartoon industry sees this and changes with them, meanwhile the older generation finds it stupid, which is why its not made for them. Trust me when I say the shows now are addicting to children these days, my sisters are all always watching TV (not really 'cause I wanna play the Xbox, but they get on it a lot).

I really miss the days when I could get up early on a saturday morning (6 am) and watch shows till late noon. now i'd probably puke doing that.

5. David 118

David 118 Ancient

Adult cartoons are the only cartoons worth watching anymore like family guy and the simpsons. The last good cartoon i watched was megas xlr (loved that giant robot taped evey episode!) and even that was more adult that the stuff today so unless they get their act together cartoons wont be worth watching for any kid!

6. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

Adult Swim is our Last Resort.

7. xMBMAxPureEvil

xMBMAxPureEvil Ancient

well I used to watch it all the time as a kid. Especially dragon ball Z and such. Now all I see on cartoon nettwork is that show "chowder" and "flapjack" which are produced by the same person and honestly are just completly ****ing retarted. (sorry, no offence if you like it) I think cartoon network is really starting to try to get a youger viewing audience but frankly I dont even watch now. Usuly i'll watch discovery, MTV, comedy central, or G4. Ninja warrior is amazing.

8. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Most adult cartoons I enjoy, but there is really only one that bothers me....and that's Family Guy. I think the humor is a bit dumb at times....but I'm probably the minority here.

9. Warfang

Warfang Ancient

They should definitely bring back the classics like Bug Bunny and Roadrunner. I remember watching them on Saturday mornings every week. There is so much crap on now, especially the stupid trading card junk.

Now my cartoon watching consists mainly of South Park and Family Guy. Their both great, but two isn't enough.

10. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

A show that I think is highly underrated is Futurama. That show is great, and who honestly wouldn't want to be friends with a sarcastic, alcoholic robot?

11. Warfang

Warfang Ancient

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Futurama, which is funny because I was just watching it! Damn brain...

Now who doesn't love a foul-mouthed, alcoholic, lazy robot?

12. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

Cartoons have made a huge comeback on Cartoon Network. Chowder is a really funny show, camp lazlo, etc. The you have the oldies: tom and jerry and scooby doo. Good stuff.

13. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

I liked looney toons, but I was never a big tom and jerry fan (BTW it is still on like everyday around like noon). I personally think that Nick is doing horribly and CN is a little better. Chowder is just so random that it is funny even though it is directed towards eight to like eleven year olds. Adult Swim is good for Family Guy, Robot chicken, ATHF, hell even the Venture Bros. but I really can't watch anything else on Adult Swim because it is too random for my brain to comprehend.

Oh and btw, the English version of Naruto sucks balls. The original manga is much better and less.... gay.

14. Boydeh ..

Boydeh .. Ancient

I noticed this too!!
    I used to watch Cartoon Network day in day out!
    But now i hate all the shows .. I don't like one show on it ..
    And nickelodeon used to be amazing!
    I used to watch pretty much every show on it ..
    But now i watch Drake and josh and Spongebob (sometimes)
    Its getting really girly in my opinion ..

15. sethkasketch

sethkasketch Ancient

now i have a reason to watch nickolodeon!

16. Halostar317

Halostar317 Ancient

what? Yesyesyes!! Where did you hear that?

17. many popes

many popes Ancient

Yeah Iv'e noticed how cartoons have gotten a habit of being bad taste, cheap, or just plain crap. I really don't know whats to blame but I really wish all that crap was taken off and some old stuff put back.

But then again were sitting here like old grandpas saying "back in my day tv had real cartoons,"

18. Taco Bell

Taco Bell Ancient

Anyone remember Hey Arnold?

19. DimmestBread

DimmestBread Ancient

Thats why I love holidays, they show the holiday versions of all the old shows. This christmas I saw ed, edd, n' eddy , recess, rugrats, catdog, angry beavers, some looney toons, doug, and tom and jerry just to name a few.

The only good/ decent cartoons that are on dailt are spongebob, fairly oddparents, avatar and I can usually catch futurama.

Not dead yet but its getting close.

Also, guy above me, major necropost.

#39 DimmestBread, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  20. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

I don't think they're dying. I just think Cartoon Network is dying. Family Guy, The Simpsons and Futurama (to a lesser extent) still pwn. Maybe you're just growing up?

EDIT: 450th post! Also, needed to turn my sig off... Cool. I'm a Rocket Lawn Chair, now!