Capture Cards: Worth it or not?

Discussion in 'Reach Screenshots & Videos' started by DJ Angelight, Feb 28, 2012.

1. DJ Angelight

DJ Angelight Promethean

I've been saving money here and there for a treadmil, but changing my mind has occured, and I'm kinda interested in getting a capture card so that I can record stuff on my Xbox and such. Now here's where I'd like some help, I'm unfamiliar with them honestly. What's the best kind of capture card and what's the best price I can probably find for a new one?

2. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Depends on what you plan to do with one that makes it worth it, really.

3. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

Is the treadmill going to be used as a treadmill or something for shenanagins?

If it is going to be used as a treadmill, get it. If not, get the capture card.

4. DJ Angelight

DJ Angelight Promethean

The treadmil was actually going to be used as a treadmil, but I don't ABSOLUTELY need it. I mean, I didn't want to invest no $100 in a capture card that wasn't worth it. If there really aren't any capture cards too worth investing in, I'll get the treadmil. I just need a plain and simple capture card that wont make me bankrupt and wont fall apart the first five times I use it.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Yeah, I plan on using a capture card for a list of things for my Youtube account. Occasional gameplay videos, Halo Reach maps, Halo Reach shenanigans, and a few miscellaneous projects here and there.

#4 DJ Angelight, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  5. Thelepearchaun

Thelepearchaun Promethean

Ive been looking into capture cards as well. Im writing a machinima that Im hoping to have done in time to film early on in H4. Im kind of lost on which ones are quality and which arent. So Id like to hear what some people have to say about this.

I dont have to give up the treadmill for mine :p

6. Cheeze

7. Thelepearchaun

Thelepearchaun Promethean

Ill be working all summer. I figure that after rent, I should be able to save enough for one of the good HD ones

8. DJ Angelight

DJ Angelight Promethean

That seems fairly good quality. How much for it? If I have the money, I'll consider picking it up.
    BTW, are capture cards easy or hard to work with?

9. Cheeze

I think this one was like 75 bucks off Amazon. If you have more money, I'd say keep saving and try to get a better one.