Canvas Maps

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Maps' started by TrueDarkFusion, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Discussion for Canvas Maps

Maps created by Unh4nd13d

The following links will take you to the canvas maps for forging in Halo 3. The maps are completely cleared so that you can start forging immediately by booting up the said canvas map in forge. These maps will save you a lot of time folks!* Also I would like to thank Unh4nd13d for allowing us to use his canvas maps as a resource.

Good luck forging!
    * Valhalla Canvas
    * High Ground Canvas
    * Snowbound Canvas
    * Sandtrap Canvas
    * The Pit Canvas
    * Narrows Canvas
    * Last Resort Canvas
    * Isolation Canvas
    * Guardian Canvas
    * Epitaph Canvas
    * Construct Canvas
    * Standoff Canvas
    * Rats Nest Canvas
    * Foundry Canvas
    * Foundry Money Glitch Canvas
    * Cold Storage Canvas
    * Blackout Canvas
    * Avalanche Canvas
    * Ghost Town Canvas
    * Epilogue Canvas
    * Boundless Canvas
    * Sand Tarp Canvas
    * Pit Stop Canvas

Key
    *- Normal canvas download
    *- Unlimited money glitch canvas

#1 TrueDarkFusion, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
  2. TheShadyGnome

TheShadyGnome Ancient

3. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

why would you want spawns on?

4. TheShadyGnome

TheShadyGnome Ancient

Not every map drastically changes the geometry (not that thats a bad thing).

Its just useful, and it saves putting spawns in if you don't need them any different.

EDIT: player spawns, if you were confused.

5. Dark

Dark Ancient

I downloaded some like these a while ago, but there was something wrong with them. The creators never cleared out all the special spawns, objectives, and spawn areas for all of the gametypes. Can anyone verify if these are the same?

6. nuclear MnMs

nuclear MnMs Ancient

While these help, I've had them for a while and have found out that not everything is removed. There is still a battle rifle on Valhalla (which I can't find) and there are still starting points, spawn points, respawn areas (I hate finding these!), scenery, and even some weapons left on the maps.

I will soon find out if some new cleared maps that I am downloading are actually "clear."

7. Klink258

Klink258 Ancient

Some of that can't be removed, as there are minimum requirements.
    That BR everyone talks about may have been glitched out of the map, and some scenery is untouchable in valhalla and other maps.

8. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Just to clarify, these maps do not include respawn areas or start points, these can be deleted. It does however include one of each required goal object. To make the best canvas map you'd have to place all the goal objects in one spot so they can be easily deleted when you start editing it.

9. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

Well also he is talking about stuff like on the pit... there are barries and crates outside of the level that you can't get to to delete... (once of them you can if you glitch out)... i hate this fact cuz I ended up needing that last box to have an even number... WHY BUNGIE WHY!!!

10. nuclear MnMs

nuclear MnMs Ancient

I also was referring to The Pit. If you look outside the fence on the right side, there are covered crates that don't count against your limit. What I'm saying is why couldn't Bungie just keep the deletable objects inside the barrier of the map?

11. jake2k3

jake2k3 Ancient

The whole "minimum number of required objective items on a map" got very annoying for me the other day. I was making an assault map on Sandtrap, and ended up having to carry four or five bomb spawn/placement points into the Guardian Land Mine, mess with the symmetry option, set them to team 8, and put a crate on top of them :p

Some of the maps (SandTrap, for example) legitamatelly aren't[/b[ cleared. Just look in the little bunkers. I found a BR, two plasma grenades, and a regenerator in the canvas for it. Those aren't needed for the game to work like bomb spawns or respawn areas, there are simple overlookings that have yet to be officially corrected.

Thanks anyway for providing them here, though.
    ~Jake2k3

12. ll NY SouL ll

ll NY SouL ll Ancient

Are these maps COMPLETELY empty?

Because some of the canvas maps still have flag spawn points, bomb spawn points, etc...

13. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

These maps are as empty as is possible. The minimum goal objects are still present though.

14. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Although already stated by Gravedigger, the default goal objects are respawned automatically. Has anyone made a Foundry Canvas with all of the default goal objects moved into one area for easy deleting? I'd make it myself but my HaloBox (360) is currently getting repaired.

My ideal Foundry Canvas would have all the goals collected in one of the side rooms or on one of the loading docks. I always forget about them until I have stuff placed everywhere. It would also have the window panes for those two side rooms still in place. They don't cost anything from the budget, they are easily deleted, and have you ever tried to put them back in? It's impossible!

EDIT: I borrowed my bro's box and did it. Get it here.

15. Grif

Grif Na'vi Tits

I added the foundry money glitch canvas

16. Grif

Grif Na'vi Tits

Avalanche, Blackout, Cold Storage, and Ghost Town Canvases added.

17. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

Epilogue, Boundless, Sand Tarp, and Pit Stop canvases added

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.