Sandbox Can You Survive 4

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by mr micc, May 21, 2009.

1. mr micc

mr micc Ancient

map
    Variant
    can you survive is a infection map where the humans have to get to the end of the hallway made of various scenery of sandtrap. the problem is, the map is dark and the roof and upper wall is full of holes for the zombies to get you from. the upside for you is that you have insta-kill. when you get all the way to the end of the map you will be in a large room, this room is special becouse all you need is two people to keep it safe from the zombies (chances are you will still die). the main idea is made by myself. allthough SniperReturns helped with the map. i thought of this map even before left 4 dead even came out, and when i played l4d the first time i was like,, you copied me. anyways the older versions where a horrible map, witht he same great consept of this one. i have showed this map to alot of people and that all aggre that the map is very well made and the idea is flawless, i and SniperReturns have put over 20 hours into this version of the map. it turned out better than planned. it is a master game and map in the group ZLG (zombie League gaming).

Made by SniperReturns and Mr Micc

have fun! Best played with over 8 people
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#1 mr micc, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  2. E.R.SLiM

E.R.SLiM Ancient

WOW this this looks like a very well built zombie map. One suggestion though is to add some more cover or more paths so that if your the human you have a better chance to survive. One more thing is add a better description to your map and tell us how you got this idea.

3. mr micc

mr micc Ancient

Ty for the constructive criticisem, i appreciate it, and its my firs forgehub post , i will make it more detailed, ty again =)

4. FryTheSly

FryTheSly Ancient

holy ship!
    the first pic looks so amazing. it looks like a pyrimd enterance or somethin.
    i really like how you didnt use tubes. it makes it look more like a cave.
    a few things to suggest just from looking at it (ill play it in like 15mins since im at my friends house and ill get back to you about that either today or tomorrow)

-DONT make it insta kill. this makes it way to easy for the humans.
    -Make it so people have to search for weapons, this would add to the franticness of the cave like feel and add to the fear.
    -id love to see some pics of this "final house" unless pic 2 is it.
    i am very excited to play this map! we have a total of 6 people so it should be pretty fun.
    we are just going to use standard L4D game rules since you modeled it off of L4D anyway.

peace ima go play this amazing looking map :)

AFTER PLAYING WITH 6 PEOPLE

A short Review:

my friends and i came to a conclusion that this map doesnt need unlimited ammo/insta kill for the humans. We tried this once and it was just way to easy for the humans. Even with poor camo for the zombies it still made it way to broken.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!I suggest for everyone that plays this map to use the L4D game type (where you start with 4x oversheilds and all that stuff)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this way zombies can see YOU easyer and it makes it more like L4D (the way you wanted it to be... i think)
    we played a bunch of rounds on this map going through it on forge and some other stuff.
    everyone had fun being either a zombie or human during the game. I defenatly like how the zombies spawn outside the whole complex and have to drop in and suprise the humans, that was pretty awesome. All the tunels look really amazing. They actually make you feel like your in a cave, unlike in some levels

Suggestions:
    -Defenatly add weapons around the map in little nooks and crannies to make the humans have to search for a descent weapon and thus making it harder for them to survive if they dont use teamwork.
    -With the L4D gametype everyone starts with smgs so this will prevent headshots until they find some new weapons.
    -The final area needs to be touched up. Once we had all of us in there it was way to easy to defend (espesially with insta kill)
    1. I'd say make more ways to get into the final room for the zombies
    2. If you dont do that make it a lot bigger with more cover for the exsisting zombie drop holes

all in all the map itself was fun to play on. grats there.
    it just needs a good gametype to go with it.
    5/5!
    nice work

#4 FryTheSly, May 22, 2009
  5. SniperReturns

SniperReturns Ancient

I co-created this map and gametype. The game is set up so that zombies are weak but have many places to ambush which adds to the suspense on both sides. The last room is meant to be somewhat one-sided but look for the secret after 3 minutes has gone by. Its up[ to the zombies to keep the humans from reaching the final room/stronghold but zombies can still catch humans off guard. This map was built from nothing and was tested to make sure there were no ways out or camping spots in the map. It was made to look good too, inside and outside. This is the best map I have ever made/help make.

To Darksoullll: Pic 2 is the "final house".

To mr micc: You spelled "Variant" wrong. Also, "League" in Zombie League Gaming. I suggest touching up the paragraph. =P

#5 SniperReturns, May 22, 2009
  6. II cyanide II

II cyanide II Ancient

Wow love how dark and spooky it is, good merging and a very well thaught out map! and i'm also happy you tested to get rid of camping spots! great map and can't wait to play it with friends.

7. SniperReturns

SniperReturns Ancient

Thanks for the feedback Darksoullll. I will work with mr micc or by myself and fix the variant and maybe change the starting weapon. (If its instakill, i'll fix it but I think the zombies are just really weak) the final room is meant to give the humans a stronghold which makes it important for the zombies to keep them from getting there. i'll see what I can do about the final room, but the gametype is an easy fix. Watch your back is still not too bad but apparently this can work with L4D gametype. look for an updated Watch Your Back soon, but until further notice the map is done.

Edit: The map is updated. Try it out.

#7 SniperReturns, May 22, 2009
  8. mr micc

mr micc Ancient

i also thank you Darksoullll, and i suggest that you use the watch your back gametype, if your looking for a challenge, send me a friend request and baybee change the zombie starting ammount fron 25% to 50%, it realy makes it hard =)

9. FryTheSly

FryTheSly Ancient

okay.
    its been a long weekend and i have been at my friends house for only a day.
    i will try to get back over and play this with your game mode. for it sounds descently fun with a lot of zombies and everyone "trying to watch their back"

i r excited

haha

10. SniperReturns

SniperReturns Ancient

Thanks for all your help with the map Darksoullll. The game gets very hectic with more zombies. Plus now the new final room is no longer one-sided. Watch your back.

#10 SniperReturns, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
  11. ZLG Overlord

ZLG Overlord Ancient

Hey, this is sick. I really love the way the map is dark, and creepy, and feels like a cave.

Also, thanks for that little shout out for ZLG.

12. mr micc

mr micc Ancient

ty

thanks everyone for the positive reviews. i realy hope the map can get more downloads. thank you again.

13. SniperReturns

SniperReturns Ancient

Thanks thats what we were going for and this is an official ZLG map.