Can someone make a Lava Man Map?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by xgamer, Apr 23, 2009.

1. xgamer

xgamer Ancient

Remember Lava Man from Halo 2? It was in the top 10 list of best custom games. Can someone make a map specifically for it? That would be great, thanks!

2. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

can you explain wat lava man is and then i would be more then happy to build a map for it.

3. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

I beleive there is one on snowbound, or thats the name, whether its from halo 2. dunno//

4. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

#4 Jpec07, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  5. Sotha Sil156

Sotha Sil156 Ancient

Jpec07
    That is not lavaman.

I've already made a lavaman map using The Cheat's Subdivisions. I first made the game for the original gametype, exactly as it was in Halo 2, in which I played that game all the time. It was my favourite minigame ever.

Back to topic. When I tried to play it with the original gametype, I discovered a cold truth about Halo 3: people can't play by honour rules anymore. Small honor rules like no shooting for Tremor Blast etc. work fine, but when you have no killing unless they are standing on the ground or jumping from the ground to an object, people are unable to follow them. At all. Especially when someone was standing on a small object, like a barrel small, they would tend to misjudge and kill them when they were still safe.

I quickly realized that I would have to create my own gametype that took out as may honour rules as possible. Territories was a natural choice. My map works for the original gametype, but it also works for my own territories game of lavaman, in which there is one large territory under the map that only extends above the floor by a miniscule amount. It is so small that you can stand on a sideways barrel small and not be in it. Rather than having to take the flag back to the base, the attacking team has to go throughout the map, trying to capture all of the territories.

This is the most accurate remake of Lavaman I have ever seen when used with the original gametype, and the new gametype makes it as honour rule free as physically possible with my current knowledge of gametypes, which is rather extensive.

I have not released it yet, for I am still working out the kinks (where to set up the territories etc.), despite the fact that I originally made it months ago. I guess it's just not very high on my priority list.

My gamertag is: Sotha Sil156

Send me a friend request, and I will show you around. And maybe I could finish, perfect, and release the map with your help.