Camp Abstrosity

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by twofers5, Oct 25, 2010.

1. twofers5

twofers5 Forerunner

You are a Insane spartan. You slowly wake as the drugs wear off. You are in Camp Abstrosity.

This is my first puzzle map from the late Halo 3 and Halo Reach. This map is wide open in many parts, and all breaks have been fixed. You must use the Camp KoTH gametype. Have fun and if you find a break tell me.

Screenshots:

Hub
    [​IMG]

Suicide Room [​IMG]

Challenges

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These arn't all the challenges, the rest you'll have to see for yourself!

Bugs, Breaks, and Glitches
    None so far :)

#1 twofers5, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. Jye

Jye Forerunner

Looks alright might go try it now .
    Does anyone no how i can edit an actual map post?

#2 Jye, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  3. Halcyon

Halcyon Forerunner

Sorry man, but I think I found quite a few breaks and flaws. I'll put them in spoilers so I don't give anything away.
    First of all, when I realized I needed to move the mongoose, I drove forward and got stuck. It is very easy to get stuck right there. Then I destroyed the mongoose with my sword and the explosion killed me and sent me to the hub. You can also kill yourself by throwing the grenade through that tiny hole and standing next to it. Next, the teleporters aren't completely blocked. If you jump and crouch, you'll go through. Try adjusting the teleporting height to fix that. Next, once you have your jetpack, you can land on some of the stuff sticking out of the cube and fly directly to the top and get to the third teleporter area. In the area with the top of the kill ball and a kill zone, it is very difficult to find out what to do and fairly hard to actually jetpack where you need to go. I'm not sure if this is what you intended, but I switched out the jetpack and the drop shield and threw the jetpack in that slot next to the third teleporter, killed myself, went through the third teleporter and got the jetpack. Once I had the jetpack there was no reason to knock down the golf ball. A big break is that the platform with the hill juts out of that final area and I was able to just drop down and win from the outside. Also, it seems like you're supposed to use the plasma grenades to knock the jetpack into the the man cannon, but the jetpack never moved when I tried. Also I don't think anyone would know where to throw the plasma grenades since the hole is so tiny and it seems like they wouldn't reach the jetpack anyway.
    So unless I made some mistake somewhere, there is obviously a lot to fix before this puzzle can function correctly.

4. Jye

Jye Forerunner

You can jump and tbag through all teleporters that are blocked...

5. twofers5

twofers5 Forerunner

You are supposed to drop the jetpack down by killing your self. the plasma is to kill yourself