Calling all Reach Competitive Players!

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Aracknore, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Aracknore

Aracknore Forerunner

I'm sick of finding people who only play stupid versions of infection. I love custom maps but I hate mini-games and poorly constructed invasion maps.

I'm trying to find like-minded players. If you're like me, please post your gamertag.

My gamertag is Aracknore

#1 Aracknore, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  2. Eightball

Eightball Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

You spelled 'Competitive' wrong. You might want to fix that.

3. Aracknore

Aracknore Forerunner

thanks for pointing that out

4. Carter1234

Carter1234 Forerunner

mackjr1234. I kick the **** out of the majority of the Matchmaking crowd.

5. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

Sorry, I only play with people with a k/d above 2. Otherwise you're not competitive enough.

6. GrenadeGorilla8

GrenadeGorilla8 Forerunner

He lies^^^
    He plays with a group of losers on a weekly basis

7. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

*checks stats*

*laughs and laughs*

OP - try the customs lobby. That's a good place to find a game.

8. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean

are you looking for infection? or competitive? your thread's confusing. it say's your tired of weird infection gamtypes, are you tired of infection itself?

9. Aracknore

Aracknore Forerunner

Infection is fine (only on good maps), Speed Halo (and any other variant) is retarded.

Infection sucks horribly for zombies on maps that don't keep them in mind. NO ONE wants to mindlessly run at another player from the same angle and get killed 10 times in a row because the map creator never thought to make every point in the map have at least two entrances to attack from. Infection maps need to be carefully created with both zombie and survivor fun factor in mind - which pretty much NEVER happens.

I'm looking to play with people on maps with competitive play kept in mind and I'd be okay with a few infection maps now and then as long as the maps chosen don't suck. Same goes for invasion and BTB maps that don't suck (although most do). Sorry for the pessimism here but It's really frustrating when the only people you can find to play customs with keep choosing maze games, speed halo, and other ill-conceived gametypes.

#9 Aracknore, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  10. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex

***** please, I have a KD ratio of 1.2 and you feel honoured to game in my presence. Back to the curb with you peasant!!

11. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

You're a sprint-scrub!

12. Aracknore

Aracknore Forerunner

stats don't count for anything, the only way to tell if someone is good is to play with/against them. Also, just a heads up, popping in on someone's thread just to gloat about your stats (again, they count for nothing) makes you look like a complete loser desperately attempting to convince yourself and the world that you are worth the air you breath.

#12 Aracknore, Apr 9, 2012
  13. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

Says the guy with a k/d of 1.17

14. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Lots and lots of matchmaking experience disagrees with you. Yes, it helps to play with someone to truly know how well they play, but if you see a guy with a k/d > 2 you can pretty much guarantee he's at least respectable, and a guy with < .5 is pretty much going to suck. There's wiggle room, but not as much as you're implying.

* breathe

I'm pretty sure Over and Stevo are both just having a laugh here and are not to be taken seriously. As for my part, I seldom talk stats because frankly I think k/d obsession has really been to the detriment of the Halo series, starting with H3 - but if a guy says he "kicks the **** out of the majority of the Matchmaking crowd," it makes me curious if he's telling the truth or not. And (big surprise here) it turns out he isn't.

Anyway - I still would recommend the customs lobby forum. It's a better place to find like-minded players for customs.

#14 Nutduster, Apr 9, 2012
  15. artifact123

artifact123 Forerunner

I like that. Not retarded, not boring, but a perfect combination of fun and skill. oscarvdhooft

16. zeppfloydsabbtull

zeppfloydsabbtull Promethean

With an ideal matchmaking system a very high or very low k/d would be an anomaly because players would always get matched up with others of similar skill, unless of course someone gets a new account and plays a few games, and even then the trueskill system that they say is there in Reach tries to get new accounts in the appropriate skill level quickly. Getting better faster than the average player would be more likely to lead a >1 k/d as opposed to <1, but it wouldn't in principle lead to a high k/d. From what I remember H3 ranked k/d numbers were much closer to 1, but I haven't looked at many. Reach's k/d includes Grifball and LD, and either its entire MM isn't strict enough, or its population is too low for proper matching, so its k/d numbers are much closer to a representation of skill.

17. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

I think trueskill simply doesn't work in Reach, if it's enabled at all. I feel like the majority of games I play mix very good and very bad players, and whether the teams will be close to even is basically a coin flip - sometimes they are, but at least as often they're not. Any time parties are in matchmaking, it seems to particularly screw with the system - if you go into a slayer playlist with a team of 3-4, or objective with a team of 4-5, it's a solid bet that you'll be beating on scrubs for the majority of your games. Of course, with the population in many playlists being so low, I don't know if it really could be any other way; if you had to wait for an even match, you might spend twice as much time waiting as actually playing.

18. ArmadillosTHFC

ArmadillosTHFC Promethean

i concur. i'm either stuck with epic players who destroy me or noobs who suck and make the game EXTREMELY boring, EXTREMELY quickly

19. Draconslayer112

Draconslayer112 Promethean

Gamertag: Draconslayer112 I have a k/d of 1.17-1.18

20. Carter1234

Carter1234 Forerunner

1v1?

The reason my KD is low is because I used to be horrible until I started practicing. I am getting good.