Calling All Forgers

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Game Master 088, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Game Master 088

Game Master 088 Ancient

Hello, I'm Game Master 088. I'm a co-founder of KG Studios as well as the director for our Machinima. Currently we are looking for help in creating these Machinima. I posted on forgehub.com because we need help making sets to film on. Making sets is key, when filming, to have a map nicely forged to get the audience in the right mood for the scene. We want a group of forgers who know what they’re doing and can get the job done well. You will get to make interesting scenes and sets for our specified needs to aid in the production of what we hope to be an amazing Machinima. You will not only be in the credits but also get previews of future Machinima projects. Currently we are working on getting our name known so we are working on smaller projects but here are previews to our future Machinima projects.

Title: Unknown
    Type: Movie
    Plot:
    [June 12, 2763. 210 years after the Human-Covenant war]
    Reports indicate that a class 2 troop transport went down of the desert of onaangenaam dood in Southern Africa. Brass is ordering 3 Spartan IV squads to perform the search and rescue mission. The Spartans are given the authority to shoot potential hostiles on sight and have complete authority in the procedure of the mission. The area surrounding the desert is no stranger to war. Local villages are confirmed hostiles and are highly dangerous. The desert itself has also seen its fair amount of action, hosting the battlegrounds for many wars dating from ancient disputes to modern warfare. Despite this, the Spartans are expected to be out of the area within a few days with little to no problems. Dispatched squads will receive the bare minimum in weaponry and support. This mission is practically a cakewalk.

~John Edmunds,
    Commanding officer of Spartan dispatch.
    [END TRANSMISSION]

Title: The Mercs
    Type: Series
    Plot:
    The Mercs takes place in a post Halo 3 era where war ravaged Earth is slowly picking itself up out of the ashes. But the war wasn’t the last problem Earth and its inner colonies would face. Civilian uprising, terrorism, and radical revolutions are only a sample of what mankind will face. With so many problems, the UNSC has had to rely on paramilitary forces to aid them in quelling the problems. The Mercs joins a group of these Mercenaries as they overcome the gut wrenching brutality of war.

Positions:
    -Body Actors
    -Voice Actors
    -Script Writer(s)
    -Set Makers (forge maps to film on)

If you’re interested in helping please fill out and reply with the outline below.
    Name:
    Gamertag:
    Machinima:
    Past experience:

Thanks for your time! If you have any questions or comments please post or just PM me.

#1 Game Master 088, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  2. Cerberus Beast

Cerberus Beast Ancient

Could you perhaps give us an idea of the type of environments that we will need to create, or maybe any major aesthetics we need to add or create?

3. Game Master 088

Game Master 088 Ancient

ill get back to you on that.

4. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

I want to know what maps you are planning to make this stuff on.

But count me in nontheless because I love this sort of thing and will happily help with sets.

5. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

I'll fill out the form if I must, this sounds like something fun to do. Oh, and just so you know, don't make your text white, its inconvenient for us with the old school theme.

Name: Yaroslev
    Gamertag: NewbAmoeba
    Position: Set maker
    Machinima: ?
    Past experience: Greatly experienced (in forge)

6. Klip LK

Klip LK Ancient

Wow it great to see some replies :D
    I'm the other founder, AkA Viral (Klip LK was my old GT). Now I see that you guys have some questions and I'll be glad to answer them right now:

Q Could you perhaps give us an idea of the type of environments that we will need to create, or maybe any major aesthetics we need to add or create?

A
    This really depends on which machinima you want to work on or what you get assigned to, but to give you an idea I'll share a tidbit of a planned set:

Machinima: Unknown
    Areaset: Abandoned Mine
    Setpiece: Angled mine entrance, hallway with breakable walls

We don't want to reveal to much information about the projects before they are in the last few stages of production. We want to keep everyone guessing until they actually see the events as they unfold before them. This abandoned mine we are planning is a major set in our upcoming machinima Unknown and has a lot of planned traps and switches. Pretty much, we are aiming for maps that have both aestetics AND function.

Q What maps will we be working on?

Once again it depends on which machinima you go into, but your mostly going to work on Sandbox and Sandtrap on Unknown and older maps (mostly pre-mythic) for The Mercs.

I would also like to ask that for people who are applying to show us a refernce map so we could see what they are capable of. Amoeba, I've seen your maps and they look pretty good, bt do you have any more recent maps that could impress me more? Either way, both you and fishfingers are qualified, we'll get back to you when our writer finsihes his script.

7. natu

natu Ancient

I'm interested. I'd help if I would actually be a part of the machinima ;D.

8. Klip LK

Klip LK Ancient

So will you forge or act Natu? That is the question ;)
    Oh and I almost forgot! There are benefits to working with us:

-Sneak previews of upcoming machinimas
    -Early viewings of finished machinimas
    -Unreleased information about our machinimas
    -Credit (obviously :p)
    -Sexual favors (Provided by Game Master)
    -Will help you do anything film wise (Scratch our back, we'll scratch yours)
    -And more!