Calling all forgers!

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by DWeight, Jan 26, 2011.

1. DWeight

DWeight Forerunner

Hey Ya'll

I'm DWeight- the Editing Administrator for
    Fonzes Thread Testers over on Bungie.net.

We are the group that are amassing, assembling, creating and editing the "best of the best" multi-player maps from Halo CE, 2, and 3.

We have many maps ready to go but are looking for some help with some others. I'm looking for forgers that are up to the challenge of making recreations of both ZANZIBAR and LAST RESORT.

There are others too that are proving very difficult to get accurate.

Here is a list of what we are looking for.

LAST RESORT
    STAND OFF
    GHOST TOWN
    HIGH GROUND
    ZANZIBAR

There are others but this is a good place to start. Maps will be judged on accuracy and game play. We are continually testing and tweaking. Your goal should be to get it as close as possible to the original map. And remember that frame rate is also important.

If you have other remakes from Halo CE, 2 or 3 and they're great, you may submit those as well.

Our thread is the top forum topic in the Reach forum.

Here is a link to the original thread - which is also where you should post a link to your remakes. You don't need to join the group to submit your maps. Original authors WILL get credit for their fine work.

Submit your maps here

Thank you in advance!

DWeight

2. AndroidQuazar

AndroidQuazar Forerunner

Any prizes or something?

3. Hogframe

Hogframe Ancient

If you think the only reason you should forge anything is if there's some chance of a reward, then you really should take up a different hobby. How about the pride of being able to deliver a much-wanted remake, of a beloved map, to the hundreds of forgers on Forgehub? How about the reward of knowing people will play your map for weeks or months to come?

If you still feel like you're a bit too talented to "work" unless there's a hard profit involved, think of all the DL's a quality remake of a beloved map would get, especially if it's the only one of it's kind.

#3 Hogframe, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  4. Negrumir

Negrumir Forerunner

You know, he was just asking... Usually, when someone posts those "Calling all *whatever*" Threads, it's for a contest and there's some kind of prize involved.

Anyway, I'm no good at remakes so I'll just shuffle away awkwardly.

5. DWeight

DWeight Forerunner

There's no promise of any reward - (but we're working on it).

What you do stand to gain for sure though, are the bragging rights that your map was chosen out of hundreds of submissions that we've received for this project so far. So please, if you're up to it, or if you've already made a killer remake or two and haven't submitted them for consideration, please do so.

Thanks in advance!

DWeight

#5 DWeight, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  6. AndroidQuazar

AndroidQuazar Forerunner

Hey man chill a bit. -_-
    I was just asking you dont need to eat my brain -.-
    I am good forger, not just a ***** that wants only moneyz or other rewards.

Right now i am making some maps for this kind of "competition".

7. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

8. DWeight

DWeight Forerunner

Some of these are in the running for this project. Thank you very much for the tip though :)

We're also looking at the possibility that some maps may not be able to be forged. For example - Avalanche is not gonna make it. I've yet to see anything that resembles Stand Off as well (which sucks because I loved that one).