Caelum

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by DA1T0N 75, Dec 8, 2010.

1. DA1T0N 75

DA1T0N 75 Forerunner

Now Available:

Stockpile
    [​IMG]

Headhunter
    [​IMG]

Neutral Bomb Assault
    [​IMG]

Neutral Flag CTF
    [​IMG]

Caelum is a Big Team Battle map that uses lots of fun features and places that players can enjoy, no matter what kind of combat they prefer. Sitting just above the water, with rocks and cliffs to round off the boundaries, Caelum is a great map and I hope you all like it:D DOWNLOAD!!!

Caelum: Lower Level
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you like long range, or vehicle battles, the bottom level of Caelum was built for you. With spread out cover, Assult Riffles, Needle Rifles, DMRs, Warthogs, and Mongooses, long-range lovers will have a blast! You spawn on opposite corners of the grids, in bases that also serve as garages for your teams vehicles. There are 2 power weapons on the lower level, a Spartan Laser and a Plasma Launcher, (each in one of the bunkers) to counter the vehicles. The actual structures on this lower part are symmetrical diagonally, but the rocky surroundings are not. In the very center is a large "Forerunner-built" building that will get you to the floating structure above. Inside is a large man cannon (which is one way of getting to the top), an energy sword, and a health pack. On the outsides are 2 teleporters, which will also take you to the upper structure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Caelum: Upper Level
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This upper structure is a series of pathways and walls that are built for all the close-range combat lovers. There are many close combat guns, accordingly, as well as a sniper rifle and a Falcon. The two teleporters that took you up, can also take you down. If you can get to the Falcon, you can fly down and bombard enemies, or if you have a jetpack, feel free to just jump over the edge to get down as well.

[​IMG]

Caelum: Map Strategy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The idea of having a sniper rifle up top, and an energy sword below, where each is virtually useless, was to encourage players to take the risk of going back and forth between the levels based on the weapons they have, and their preferences in combat type. This, I hoped, would create a Risk/Reward system. With the energy sword below, players will need to get to the floating structure where it is much more useful. Similarly, the player who can get his hands on that sniper rifle will have a chance to dominate the lower level, should he be able to get below alive.

[​IMG]

I spent a lot of time creating this map and I hope you like it as much as I do!:D Please download it and give me feedback! Thanks!

-DA1T0N 75

#1 DA1T0N 75, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  2. WaxyPumpkin72

WaxyPumpkin72 Forerunner

You need to embed pictures into your map if you want it to get attention.

Also, if you don't embed any, your thread will be locked in the next 24 hours.

And I doubt you'd get that many downloads without screenshots, anyway.

3. DA1T0N 75

DA1T0N 75 Forerunner

haha thanks

This is the first time I've posted anything on here so i appreciate the advice

4. firedrone8

firedrone8 Forerunner

woah this looks cool. id like to see the lift system though. if theirs falcons, I recommend addind more cover on the bottom area. maybe broken boats or buildings? its too much of a killing ground. also, you may want to add things like giant rocks in between the two layers, the openess is unbearable. it would force the falcons to manuever around them while hunting targets.

5. DA1T0N 75

DA1T0N 75 Forerunner

Thanks a lot ill totally incorporate that into my next version. The version before it had no cover at all which is why i included the bunkers. They have the power weapons in them to allow players to not only hide from the falcon (and other vehicles) but also have a way to take it down.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Spawning system updated:D

#5 DA1T0N 75, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010