C-bl0k beta

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Phreakie, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Phreakie

Phreakie Ancient

[​IMG]

"The laboratory is a sign of what this
    place used to be. All that is left is the
    area in which it was....EGS Berserk "VOID"

C-BL0K BETA is a map i thought up of while playing on all the featured maps the last TGIF (not the one that was yesterday). I decided to integrate a couple things from other maps into my map. The map is still very original and to my own style but even though ive used other concepts. I enjoyed making this map even when the damn geo-glitching wouldnt work (CURSE YOU F**KING DOUBLE BOXES!!! D:<) but anyway, the map turned out great and much better than i expected.
    I really have no reason for naming it C-BL0K BETA. It was kinda just the first thing that came to mind. I guess if I had to give it a reason it would be becasue it was the first time i had ever used a curved wall and well it was shaped like a "C."
    Testing this map was a blast. I have great appreciation for all the feedback and tips you all gave me to making the map the best it could be. those of you who said, "This map is an epic fail..." I wish you the best of luck with your mental illness ;D just kidding. Thats about it though. The rest is pretty self explanatory and I hope you enjoy my map.

Weapon Spawns:

Key: Quantity/Weapon/Spawn/Clips/Start
    1 Rocket Launcher/120/0clips/no
    2 M. Gun Turrets/180/~/yes
    4 Battle Rifles/30/2clips/yes
    2 SMG's/30/1clips/yes
    2 Sniper Rifles./90/1clips/yes *counter balances with the turrets*
    2 Plasma Rifles/30/~/yes
    1 Plasma Pistol/45/~/yes
    2 Assault Rifles/30sec/2/yes
    2 Maulers/60sec/0/yes *thank you thesilencebroken for the headsup*
    4 Plasma Grenades/10/~/yes
    4 Frag Grenades/10/~/yes
    1 Bubble Shield/60/~/yes
    1 Power Drain/90/~/yes
    1 Overshields/90/~yes

LEVEL 1 Weapon Layout
    [​IMG]

LEVEL 2 Weapon Layout
    [​IMG]

Overview Pictures:

LEVEL 1 layout (no weapons)
    [​IMG]

LEVEL 2 layout (no weapons)
    [​IMG]

Heres the overview of A-Side with the curved wall blocking the outside of the map...
    [​IMG]
    This is the B-Side now...
    [​IMG]
    And heres my asthetic hallway with the two window openings to the front of the map(B-Side View looking at A-Side)...
    [​IMG]
    And now the Backside overview where Overshields Spawn...
    [​IMG]
    And now the cover or B-Side structure (symetrical on A-Side also) the Flag also spawns here at an angle...
    [​IMG]
    And now For some Team Slayer...

Here's the Pitch!...
    [​IMG]
    Using the Hallway properly i see...
    [​IMG]
    Me (Blue dude...) taking on and killing both reds...
    [​IMG]

Some Flag action...
    BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!
    [​IMG]
    I would hate to be on red team right about now...
    [​IMG]
    He looks kinda drunk lets put him out of his misery?
    [​IMG]

I hope you guys enjoy this map as much as I enjoyed making it. I had a real eye for this map and i payed very close attention to it. And another useless fact is that this map is unique becasue its one of the few maps that doesnt use the center of Foundry. There's also a hidden Chopper on this map that you can flip over. When you find it (if you find it), then you are jesus. XD And now, for the long awaited DOWNLOAD LINK!!! (angelic chorus in the background...and halelulya choir for the ROFLMAO's)

Download C-BL0K BETA (with a zero)

Again, Special thanks to all the testers. Ideas from Troika, Lygophobia, and ME lawlawlawlawlcakes. Now im just gonna sit here and wait for some positive feedback (and teh ones that say epic fail fata*s!!) lawls. oh and not to shoot myself in the foot "figuratively speaking" but there is a minor error in the map. The center of the map is like 2 feet away from the center of foundry so it makes the B-Side smaller than A-Side by like a foot and a half. Just lettin you guys know.

I'll be getting a layout of the map on the post in a bit just wait for it...

UPDATE!!!: The layouts are here!!! Do I hear a W00T W00T!!??

#1 Phreakie, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
    Beyond Skill198 likes this.
  2. stin10

stin10 Ancient

wow, this looks cool, its like a canyon, i think i see a couple of the maps, can you tell us which ones in paticular

3. Phreakie

Phreakie Ancient

read teh second paragraph on teh postorzzzzzz lawl

4. QUINN HAS A GUN

QUINN HAS A GUN Ancient

Dude I think I just played this with you an hour or two ago. Did you fix the problems with it? Although, the pictures do it justice. I don't know if I'll enjoy it if it still has the same problems, (it was very hard to get around the map.)

The Real KingLS2 likes this.
  5. Phreakie

Phreakie Ancient

ya man as you can see i fixed that problem with the stairs and i moved the flag spawn and stuff that reminds me i need to edit the post with the weapon spawns...

6. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

w0w this is a really nice map. I like the hallway a lot, I bet there is a lot of cool action up there. Also, I bet the power drain enhances the gameplay a good bit. This looks like a good team map for a regen. In all the heated action that makes it a little more strategic sometimes.

7. Hamstring07

Hamstring07 Ancient

Woah, this is a cool map, I like the use of the hallways lol.

8. Jamie182

Jamie182 Ancient

Wow i just downloaded it and played team slayer and ctf with my friends and it played really well good map maybe you could utalise the top of the map somehow.

9. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

This map just blew me away, I really like the design. I think this will be a really good map 5/5.

10. Savagesound

Savagesound Ancient

WOW, I love the hallway and the interlocking is great but i think that maybe puting the rockets not what seems to be in middle of nowwhere would be better, and maybe add some more weapons (not power weapons you have a great amount) and this map would be awsome (as if it already wasen't).

11. c4rb1n3 pro

c4rb1n3 pro Ancient

Dude looks good love the map great interlocking and geomerging!!!

[​IMG]
    Ima ba11er!

12. QUINN HAS A GUN

QUINN HAS A GUN Ancient

Well then, good map!

13. forgyforge

forgyforge Ancient

The Chinese people give it a 5. Me two, I like this map and great cover, and ideas. DL for U

14. Phreakie

Phreakie Ancient

maybe. but i think for now its fairly well placed. all the weapons are put for a reson and it just plain looks good right about now. i think i forgot to mention that its available to all gametypes. and asymetrical for flag and bomb.

15. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

The first couple pics got my attention and really made me realize that you turned this gray, boring (and sometimes an eyesore) wherehouse into this tremendous map with just the best origonality and aestletics I have seen on a foundry map in a long long time.

You SURELY have my download I can't wait to try this out. Definately looks like a keeper. Great job this looks great!

16. MovingTarget602

MovingTarget602 Ancient

Yeah, I tested this with you a couple of hours ago, I'm glad you fixed the flag spawn, it was way too easy to cap it. Other than that, it was great fun. good interlocking 5/5

17. The Real KingLS2

Dude this map looks so awesome it looks good nice,good,clean interlocking and geomerging!5/5 + DL!

18. Sharpestt

Sharpestt Ancient

Your weapons seem poorly merged.

19. Phreakie

Phreakie Ancient

uhh what lol...
    how are weapons poorly merged? they cant be interlocked. If you mean poorly placed then i assure you you are wrong. every weapon (rockets and turrets included) are strategically placed to balance the map. Rockets are my touch in the map because i just didnt want a boring old shotgun. the turrets counterbalance the snipers. btw i of all people should know that you will get an infraction for spam posts lols no offense o_O. I guess what im saying is dont bag on me 2 much without checking it out first XD

20. youngian

youngian Guest

looks retty cool very original reminds me of boarding action for some reason im not sure why but anyways nice map!