Legendary DLC Bust up

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Two Car Garage, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Two Car Garage

Two Car Garage Ancient

Hey it's me again Two Car Garage. Nobody here is going to know who I am or how well I forge. I've previously posted two maps to forgehub, Boss Battles and Cut throat. These maps however were nothing compared to my newest map Bust up. I spent quite a few long hours detailing my map, checking weapon positions and spawn areas and respawns. I find that although I am still acquainting myself with this website, my forging should meet up to standards and beyond. happy co, THE1 Dunce, and ButterX2 were a big help to me, and gave me helpful criticism.

However, enough of the pointless introduction, let's get to the point here, the Map Variant:

[​IMG]

I really didn't want one of those cheesy names like "regicide" or "ambiguous" so I quickly whipped up the name "Bust up". Bust up is a small map located on Ghost Town. I wanted to use a map that rarely gets successfuly forged. I was inspired by Makisuma007's "Endor". It is a very small map, in fact it barely takes up a quarter of the map. However, it has excellent Battle Rifle sight-lines, and a fast paced maneurverability. I made sure to place the cover to make for some intense fire-fights and escapes. I worked on the weapon placement and spawn placement for quite some time, so I'm hoping that it is above standards. I took the time to make the geomerging and interlocking as smooth as possible to provide the best aesthetics and real map feel while playing it, and I feel I have achieved that level of play. This map is best suited for 2 v 2 slayer or one flag (BR's). I'd say it supports up to six players and is great for Free For All. However it is set up for all of the game variants Bungie so greatly supplied.

Here are the weapons and equipment:
    3 Battle Rifles
    1 Carbine
    1 Assault Rifle
    2 SMG's
    2 Spikers
    2 Plasma Rifles
    1 Sniper Rifle-8 Rounds (Drop Spawn 120 Sec)
    1 Shotgun-8 Rounds (Drop Spawn 120 Sec)
    1 Needler
    1 Regenerator
    8 Fragmentation Grenades
    2 Plasma Grenades
    1 Magnum

Now I know what you might be thinking...Such a small map with a sniper rifle? Well, it's sort of the same concept as Cold Storage, the sniper is a useful close range, but also my map allows for sniping because of its open center. Also you might be debating over whether or not to comment on my needler as another power weapon, well, it is effective against the regenerator and it is not as good on this map because there are a lot of places to dodge the flying needles. Oh and one other thing... Unbreakable!

Remember to play it starting with BR's! I think it's more fun...
    Here's the Download! Its on my Fileshare.

DOWNLOAD:
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

I tried to get films up here, one showing you around and one live game... I didn't realize I needed BUngie Pro...Who needs to spend money on that crap anyway? So here you go some map pics, then some Live action shots!

Here is the Tree Stand to low Sewer and Cat walk
    [​IMG]

The Shotgun room (top hole blocked off by a geomerged bridge)
    [​IMG]

The Low sewer and some cover
    [​IMG]

Looking out of the sewer across the cover field to the other base
    [​IMG]

Looking up the stairwell
    [​IMG]

Looking across sniper spawn to low catwalk
    [​IMG]

A View from the tree stand down to the upper base
    [​IMG]

The Geomerged (Tree merged) Tree stand
    [​IMG]

The Destroyed catwalk adds aesthetic yet adds a completely functional ramp up to the lower catwalk.
    [​IMG]

A view from the tree stand to the Upper base back door
    [​IMG]

Another tree stand view to sniper spawn
    [​IMG]

The upper storage area in the upper base
    [​IMG]

Here are the live actions!

Here is THE1 Dunce shooting me!
    [​IMG]

Here is happy co the dinosaur getting shot by ButterX2
    [​IMG]

Me assaulting ButterX2 from the storage area!
    [​IMG]

happy co hiding from me in the magnum cubby
    [​IMG]

THE1 Dunce snipes me from the tree stand
    [​IMG]

ButterX2 attacks me from the tree stand
    [​IMG]

ButterX2 Steps over happy co as THE1 Dunce awaits him around the corner
    [​IMG]

Here is the download again:

Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

2. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

Wow, I attempted the same thing, except I tried to keep the whole entire Ghost town. I dont have a freaking clue on how you geomerged accurately on Ghost town. When I was attempting to add my own twist, I did the same thing to the wall separating the OS and the tree, except in jumps. You pulled this map off really well and suceeded with keeping the natural look of Ghost town. I'm hoping that it will make for epic BR battles as you have suggested. I'll download and tear it up!

Edit: Forged thought this map. There is only one issue, you pretty much have a spawnpoint that is facing a wall. Other than that its more amazing than the pictures. Great Fkin job!!!

#2 Gollygeeanelite, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  3. Xang

Xang Ancient

Well from waht i see its looks very good and the game seems very fun. The pictures although are a bit too big, im not too sure if its just me. Also one of the best ghost town maps ive seen, nice use of geo merge.

4. CaptnSTFU

CaptnSTFU Ancient

Wow just wow, lol i had a semi same idea except i had to use the window deals for the tree house. great job on the geomerge idk if i like blocking off the map to only one part, i like adding catwalks etc and creating and utilizing new parts of the map, kinda like the upstairs in the garage. Still very nice job you have my dl.

5. Meteor

Meteor Ancient

My god that is some impressive geo-merging. You have my download from that alone. Otherwise, I am very impressed as this is only the second, well forged Ghost Town map I have come across and I was really expecting an Avalanche map from the Legendary prefix. Great stuff.

6. ButterX2

ButterX2 Ancient

I tested this map and I have to say, this is one of the best Ghost Town maps I've ever played. The weapons are good, the spawn points are excellent, the flow on the map was incredible. I thoroughly enjoyed myself playing this map... Really.

7. Happy Co

Happy Co Ancient

Dude i'm diggin the map its so clean that it just blows my mind away ha.

but seriously i was liking it when i saw it and then couldn't get enough when i played it.

On top of everything its on Ghost town. i mean seriously who would've thought you know?

but it was good i like the fact that all gametypes were incorporated and not just a select few. Along with that i was digging how they all actually played well. its one thing to make all of the variants available but its another thing to make them fun. seriously i had a blast.

Lastly i gotta say its got some pretty nice little jumps fused into it. i love maps that have those kinds of things put into it

like i said before i love it. keep it up.