Bunker-63

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by Crow, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Crow

Crow Forerunner

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here on Forgehub, as well as being the first map I've ever made so if you have any suggestions or if I'm doing anything wrong then please tell me so!

Bunker-63 is a map inspired by a map I played once called 'Purple Bunker', by Bl00D F1R3, and it has been made in the coliseum of Forge World.

How to Play

Two zombies will spawn, equipped with Energy Swords and a whole lotta' health. Their objective is to kill the humans who are trapped in the bunker at the end of the level.

However it is not all plain sailing for the zombies for the humans are equipped with Needlers with unlimited ammo.

Seems unfair, right?

Well thankfully for our zombie friends a fair amount of cover is present, and taking advantage of this, as well as working as a team will ensure in a zombie victory.

Although the humans are trapped with no means of escape they only have to survive four minutes before help arrives, and so it is vital for both sets of teams to work together in order to win the game.

Game Information
    Number of rounds: 4
    Minutes per round: 4
    Friendly Fire: Off

Human Traits
    Damage Modifier: 50%
    Melee Modifier: Unchanged
    Primary Weapon: Needler
    Secondary Weapon: None
    Infinite Ammo: Enabled
    Grenades: None

Zombie Traits
    Damage Modifier: 300%
    Melee Modifier: 300%
    Damage Resistance: 2000%
    Overshields: 4
    Shield Regeneration: 25%
    Primary Weapon: Energy Sword
    Secondary Weapon: None
    Infinite Ammo: Enabled
    Grenades: None
    Forced Colour: Purple

Screenshots

For all you haters out there ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

---

Thanks for looking at this thread, and I hope you enjoy playing this map. Please post back constructive criticism and any suggestions you may have :)

Thanks!

#1 Crow, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  2. Slicedbread

Slicedbread Forerunner

Preliminarily before playing on the map there are a few questions I have. Do the humans each only have one life? The same question applies to the zombies.

I like the idea of the needlers but the cover seems to be over the top as it is all taller than the Elites so they don't even have to crouch to avoid the needles. Obviously once they rush to the top of the ramps the cover no longer helps. However, once inside they seem like they'd be unstoppable.

Another concern is are there any loadouts? If the Elites were equipped with all those power boosts and had dodge roll too I think it would be over powered for sure. But as I haven't played on it yet, this is all just conjecture.

One last question then I'll stop writing this book, but when you play tested it, who won the most?

3. Crow

Crow Forerunner

When we played the map we had about 9 or 10 of us, and the zombies won 2 rounds and the humans also won 2 rounds. If the humans die they become 'fat kids' too, and the zombies have infinite lives.

The cover is meant to be there for the zombies to get a breather and plan which way to go and set up a co-ordinated attack. Also, the humans cannot shoot through the shield doors so once the elites get to the ramps then they are safe until they make contact with the humans, however a team of 4 or 5 humans can easily dispatch of an elite which has passed through the shield door as long as they work as a team.

From the screenshots of the zombies killing the humans it should be noted that there was a lack of teamwork at that point in the game and thats how their demise was met.

If you have any other queries then please do not hesitate to ask me!

4. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This sort of reminds me of my map back from Halo 3... Purple Bunker :p

Nonetheless I'd still like to check this out.. even if you beat me to making my own game...

I'm going to download it and check it out.

#4 Mr Pokephile, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  5. AngelzFire

AngelzFire Forerunner

Ya it does remind me alot of ur map purple bunker from halo 3 I loved that map and this looks like it would be really fun to so Ill dl and messsage you my opinion

6. Crow

Crow Forerunner

It was your map?! It was amazing on Halo 3! I do apologise that I didn't ask for your permission before remaking it :/

Thanks

7. jumpathon

jumpathon Ancient

i like the origonal better that was in halo 3 and after playing it i have to say that the design is nice but..... the zombies have way to much health and the biggest flaw of all is the fact that the needles dont explode and push you back. so after you fix those two things then you will be fine.