Bungie Day Video (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Sp0nY, Jul 7, 2010.

1. T4K Shadow

T4K Shadow Ancient

Okay there is ALOT of analysis and specualtion over at the Bungie.net forums about this video.
    I beleive that the map (Blood Gulch) was made using the new forge mode, the bases do not blend in well and are completely out of place, the rocks placed around the middle of the map are also like this.
    Also near the end of teh video when Sarge is standing on the cliff, he says "Now where did I park my vehicle" or something similiar and then a tank fires from on the cliff in the very far distance. This shows that players can proceed outside of the canyon and out into the other cliffs and canyons. Someone over at Bungie.net worked out that its around 1 and a half miles from the tank to the impact by sarge, because it takes roughly 1.5 seconds to reach him. This indicates how large the map is.
    The flag carrying spartan seen in the video shows that objective carrying is possible whilst using AA's, this was confirmed NOT to be in MM, so it shows that it will be one of the options in custom games, or perhaps it was just CGI.
    Also the water shown outside of the cave when they say "Must have left the sprinklers on", it's has no motion and if you look it looks as though the ground has been lowered, and water has been placed there or the level of water has been increased (Similiar to Far Cry 2), because the grass is still under the warter swaying exactly the same as the grass out of the water, and surely Bungie would have removed this, this all hints to a possible Forge mode similiar to Far Cry 2.

Many people have been saying that the detailing is bad because it "is not finished", this however cannot be true because Bungie announced a couple of weeks ago that the game was complete and ready for shipping.

#81 T4K Shadow, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. SenorFluffyBuns

SenorFluffyBuns Forerunner

The AA with the flag was an edit. Sarge's feet didn't move and his shotgun was out when he "Was" carrying the flag.

3. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

---
    he could be talking about one or the other.

#83 Rifte, Jul 7, 2010
  4. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

Seeing as they never once mentioned flag carrier waypoints, and that it's already an option, I very much doubt it.

In short, Derek talks about the reasons behind disabling armour abilities, Brian asks if they will include it as a custom option, Derek confirms.

5. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

No, that's not what they're talking about.
    This is suggesting that you never really know where the flag is, but you can guess because that's how the gametype plays due to the fact there are only certain routes you can use.

and then,

Key words- THAT SAYS. You guys might allow a toggle that says where the objective is.

Want to explain the driving with the flag in Halo 3 bit or can this finally come to an end and we'll see when the game releases?

#85 Rifte, Jul 7, 2010
  6. Short Bizzle

Short Bizzle Ancient

This went on way to long.

For halo 3.
    load a custom game with flag
    edit: Capture the flag settings>flag carrier traits>movement>vehicle use= FULL USE

For reach:
    Now you can imagine that there would be another option there, Armour Abilty use= ENABLED

He WAS saying you COULD use AA in customs while using the flag

Boom done!

7. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

Honestly stop bitching about the flag thing, it doesn't matter. It was a custom game, custom games have custom settings. I'm going to bring up a previous quote in hopes to stop this dumb ass arguement.

Regarding to map outside of BG being scenery or actual playing grounds

#87 Willmatic, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  8. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

I was actually trying to put it at a stalemate, hoping that someone wouldn't answer the last bit I said but okay if you insist. You can't actually hold the flag in the vehicle even with the settings turned on.

#88 Rifte, Jul 8, 2010
  9. Short Bizzle

Short Bizzle Ancient

I like the idea that that area will be usable in Multi Player. It could be a larger version of the BG to facilitate an invasion gametype. Or maybe just more options with a more efficient game engine. Or what someone posted earlier about it being the larger part of a new "foundry" type map.

There are a couple things that are certain. There was for sure a tank out there, and it was for sure FAR away! Let the exploring begin!

10. mefire66

mefire66 Forerunner

That wall is removable and it can be seen in the video, also if you look at the end of the episode there is a tank firing in the distance, so that means the map is huge, much bigger then the original Blood Gulch.

11. LordVurtax

LordVurtax Ancient

Have they confirmed a new forge mode like Farcry 2 yet? If not I'm not doubting one will be in the game. A professional journalist already talked to Bungie about it (and they said yes.) And I have no doubt bungie could take something from a game back in 2008 and refit it for the epic Halo Reach engine. I'll still be excited as a little school girl if they confirm the level editor. But i won't be surprised.

Okay I'm fooling myself I WILL definitely be surprised. Bungie's been doing the impossible with this game and they've got infinite resources, Microsoft's money, a whole world to impress, and a community to please.

Makes me wonder two things:
    1. How is this game only costing people $60 (80 for me)
    2. Why in hell would anyone need a blu-ray format for game development when the Halo Reach Engine can pack just as much if not more into less space?

12. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Yeah... You work for Bungie?
    How the **** did you decipher from the video you could move the wall? o.o

Ohh and at the comment futher up about sarge holding a shotgun, don't believe the jackass that said that in the Bungie forums, he just has such a small screen he can't tell the difference between an arm. I can even see the detail of his had at the end, maybe he would have noticed if he scrolled the time along a bit more..
    ---
    1. So people will buy it.
    2. So they can add kick-ass textures, 10 times better than the quality of any xbox games?

13. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

late to the convo but...epic video.

14. physcopirahna6

physcopirahna6 Ancient

For some reason I want EVA back just for the mere fact that it will annoy the hell out of everyone oh and Yaaay! Blood Gulch is back

15. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

This is why (Page 2):

so players are most likely able to move/delete the wall or it will just vanish during invasion. I doubt it would just vanish because that would just limit the player. I did think of another possibility though, maybe you need to destroy the wall as an objective in Invasion. Anywho, they will be revealing more at Comic Con and maybe on the Bungie Weekly Update.

#95 Loscocco, Jul 8, 2010
  16. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

[​IMG]

White stripe on red spartans lower leg... means we can have the traditional detail stripe on the thigh, or on our calf.

17. Zee-V70

Zee-V70 Ancient

I think it depends on what knee guard you have. Notice that the knee guards and the detail stripe are the same, while the shoulder and armor's colors are identical. The shoulders (or, at least, the left in Reach, which still has proof as Grif's left one is orange) have always been secondary, which leads me to think that the knee guards fall under Detail in terms of color.

18. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

See, I dont think so. The knee guards pictured are standard silver armor color. The detail stripe however, is paper white. I don't find any evidence to lead me to believe the detail stripes have anything to do with the knee guard.

For the record, I dont think you can change your knee guard color. Some will be silver, some will match your armor. Just like in the beta, some shoulder pieces matched your main color, and some match the secondary color and you have no control over it.

19. Mister man 1217

Mister man 1217 Forerunner

Blood Gulch definitly seems forged, in a way. By adding th terrain. And as they were taking about the increase in water, that could have been "Forged" there.

20. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

Honestly, I don't see all the evidence leading people to believe that this map is forged... I just don't see it.

A: Bungie has said all the maps for multiplayer are also in the campaign. Yes, we know this map is on a halo ring, but that doesn't exclude it from the story.
    B: Look at the insane amounts of detail in the areas "outside" (outside quoted because we don't really know what is considered outside at this point in time. For this example we're just going to say outside is the area not accessible in Blood Gulch or Coagulation.) the map, there is an INCREDIBLE amount of detail. The mountains, the skybox, the water outside the base, it seems unlikely to me that this would all be made for a Vidoc.
    C: The dynamic lighting in that cave, I don't have anything to back that we can't add dynamic lighting to features like water, (if we even get water to work with) It just seems unlikely that we'll be able to put those kind of details into our maps.

Don't get me wrong, I want for this to have been forged... Oh how much fun we'll all have if this was forged, I just feel that it wasn't. The only thing I see pointing in the direction that they customized the map is that one little pond with the grass swaying underneath the water... maybe a slight terrain editor, but I don't know.