Bungie Day Video (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Sp0nY, Jul 7, 2010.

1. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

Giving rooster teeth a dev-kit defeats the purpose of machinima for one, and second, it's completely unfair to other Machinima makers out there. Win a popularity contest, get a dev-kit? iiiiidoubtit.

2. Lemons Reloaded

Lemons Reloaded Ancient

I think Bungie's only trying to show us a broad variety of things that will be in the game, although they may not be all in the same game mode as each other, literally (though quite poorly) modding their own game to give us a preview of what's to come.

3. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

The recent work on Revelation has showed that Roosterteeth is capable of many things. I think they would be able to skin a little flag if they (Monty) can make amazing animations like that of the fight scene (episode 10)

4. SpamRabbit

SpamRabbit Ancient

That's 2 diferent things. the only reason why they could use professional CGI is because they hired a professional to do it for them.

Anyways, I think it was defintly shopped. I wish they had enough time for Monty to make the flag scene so it could've looked better though.

why hasn't anyone mentioned the new assassination? it looked sick.

#64 SpamRabbit, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  5. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Someone took screenshots of the video, and the flying animation is shopped, he's holding a shotgun. Well it's shopped or dodgy modding. At the end he doesn't fly with it and there is no shotgun, so it shows they can mod it for him to carry. I guess you just can't fly with it.
    ---
    Ohh, did anyone notice the intense dynamic lighting?

check at 3:10 in the video on the cave walls. Now is that insane, or is that insusan?

6. Mongoose

Mongoose Ancient

icwutudidthar

Shopped, modded, or real, I honestly don't give a ****. Bungie already confirmed that you can use certain armor abilities while holding objectives in custom games with the option on.

7. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

It was in one of the recent podcasts.

They explicitly say that it will be an option in a podcast.

THEY ALREADY SAID- oh wait, you're not an idiot.

8. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Ohh, that comment I made about sarge holding a shotgun, after watching again at the points the person took a screenie, it obviously isn't a shotgun, it is his arm, he's kinda holding the invisible ball in halo, but the flag at same time. I guess that guys comp resolution was so small he didn't see that.

& I c u c what I did THAR

9. IH8YourGamerTag

IH8YourGamerTag Forerunner

I think thats unfair. the guys at roosterteeth did something revolutionary, and bungie has always catered to them in different ways anyway. I think they deserve it. 8 seasons of quality machinima, and thats just the halo series. bungie likes them, you can't hate em for it.

i'm happy they did it, because i got to see this video as a result

PS these hogs look awesome. I mean literally, full of awe. my left trigger finger can't wait to get some wheelmanz

[​IMG]

#69 IH8YourGamerTag, Jul 7, 2010
  10. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Alright then, you seem like you know for sure. Which one?

Bungie said in the 04/19/10 podcast you couldn't hold objectives while using armor abilities.

#70 Rifte, Jul 7, 2010
  11. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

I gotta go with rifte on this one, I'm sure I remember just after the BETA, the podcast said it wasn't going to happen.

12. IH8YourGamerTag

about 30 seconds after that, in the very same podcast, they said they'd allow for it in CUSTOM GAMES. obviously thats what they did on the dev kit for the shot. at least, it makes more sense than doing it with video magic. I won't say I'm 100% sure, but I'd bet 10 bucks on it

13. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

I'm going through it right now and can't find it nor is it in any of the podcast summaries on b.net. and they go through every detail.

#73 Rifte, Jul 7, 2010
  14. IH8YourGamerTag

I believe it was the episode right before the beta, when they were describing the various gametypes... they mention you can't carry flags and run/jetpack/armor lock/invis, and then one of them says "but someone could if they wanted to in customs, right?....."

I remember specifically cause I think I listened to it 5 times

#74 IH8YourGamerTag, Jul 7, 2010
  15. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

My ten year old brother has the theory that maybe, the wall splits the map up so other games can go on on the otherside, and you can be playing a custom game while match making people are on the other side of the wall hahahaha

16. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

The key words there are 10 YEAR OLD. :p

Not possible, you know how bad Bungie are at networking! :p Plus a map that size won't be able to cope with more than the limit that was in the BETA. Plus, theres no point, why would you want the "ooh that's cool" factor when no one would see over the huge ****ing wall ;p

17. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

9:34, April Podcast

- So it's possible though in the final game, sort as of one of the many different custom game configurations that.. you guys might allow a toggle that says-

- Ablsoutely

- Just like you can drive with flag in halo 3

- Whatever you want.

#77 Transhuman Plus, Jul 7, 2010
  18. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

When could you drive with a flag in Halo 3?

I don't really understand what they're trying to say at this part. They say 5 seconds earlier that you can't carry objectives with armor abilities on at all.

EDIT: I think they're talking about toggling the flag and making it so that the defenders always know where it is.

#78 Rifte, Jul 7, 2010
  19. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

If all of the levels are in the campaign, where does this go?

And I think the top of the canyon is just a Return to battlefield point.

20. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

I don't want to have to transcribe the entire thing.

First Derek talks about how having to drop the flag prevents people from sprinting/ flying the whole way there. Then (Brian, I believe) asks if that is a toggle-able option, to which Derek replies, "absolutely".