Bungie 500

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Glimflicker, Dec 18, 2007.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

15.9%
  2. 2

4.3%
  3. 3

7.2%
  4. 4

17.4%
  5. 5

55.1%
  1. Blazen Nite

Blazen Nite Ancient

Re: Bungie 500 (Featured)

very nice race map. I usually hate race maps, but this one is really awesome sauce.

2. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

well built and lots of fun!

3. gamergimp

gamergimp Ancient

When I went to download this, the Bungie 500 VIP variant had already had 500 downloads. It seemed a shame to ruin the synchronicity, but I just had to try this out. Sorry Glim!

4. SK CRISIS

SK CRISIS Ancient

Superb map, Glimflicker.

I'm hoping once my group at bungie.net grows large enough we can all race at the Bungie 500, and then make a video of it, perhaps with humorously mock-professional commentary.

5. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

Haha, that would be great. If anyone has any videos they've captured of the map, I'd be very grateful if you could post it and let me link it in my threads. Full credit where it is deserved, of course!

6. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Alright... I've been playing these racing maps for a while. You certainly have the best anti-cheating system out there. Here are a couple little suggestions for you:

1) I was able to beat the anti-cheating thing a few times in a row by approaching on foot from the exit ramp (you can get up to it from the other side) and jumping high and between the teleporters. I also managed to jump out of the penalty box. (I wasn't playing with your game variant... so correct me if there's a setting that fixes these problems). I think setting the gravity up just a little bit would make this much more difficult to do... You could also think about shortening the scoring area so that you have to be low to get at it.

2) the ramp coming off the scoring area seems to launch me a little further than I'd like every time. You might think about making it a touch shallower.

Other than that, this is a great, great race map.

7. chromebandit

chromebandit Ancient

that's amazing. how long did it take you to make that?

8. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

1) The Bungie 500 gameplay variant has increased gravity to prevent both of these issues. You could still potentially jump out of the penalty box if another person was inside it with you, but I think you'd be at such a disadvantage from being that far away from the Mongooses that it doesn't matter.

2) I think that I tweaked the mancannon launch more than any other area in the map. In my experiences with it, launching at too shallow of an angle was far worse than too steep. If you drive over the middle mancannon with a medium amount of speed, you'll take the jump almost perfectly every time. It might be different if you're not the host, but I've seen friends do something similar when racing me in my games. I'd like to make the jump more of a tunnel leading back to the first turn (as somebody suggested), but I don't think that I have the budget.

9. AqueousBeaver

AqueousBeaver Ancient

Now that sounds cool... the mancannon jump is the only thing I don't love about this track. I feel the unpredictability of the jump factors into the race outcome way too much. Even still... phenomenal map.

10. l Zero Fox l

l Zero Fox l Ancient

holy crap! this is freakin niice.
    what amazes me though is the banked curves.
    i was trying to do some of those not too long ago, but i never could figure it out!

11. thelastlaugh27

thelastlaugh27 Ancient

I dont like this map as much as everone else does. Not saying its not great, i just thought that loop d was better...

12. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

Thank you for your invaluable feedback in all of the racetrack threads. Frequent use of ellipses is truly indicative of your post quality (omission indeed).

/sarcasm

If your maps are as good as you continually boast in all of your replies, link your gamertag to your forum account and post them here. I am aware that it is the same as your ForgeHub account name, but it's not patently obvious to everyone. You'll stand out far more for producing quality maps and being helpful than ridiculing everyone else with your self-proclaimed greatness.

13. thelastlaugh27

thelastlaugh27 Ancient

Dude, im talkin about solar stance's loop d, dont get mad @ me because i think its better... My loop is named something completely different. Read before you post!!!! God....

14. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

Read before I post? I'm not editing my earlier reply because you apparently can't read (here's a hint though, I did emphasize one word you failed to read/comprehend). For one, if you read Solar Stance's thread, you would realize that I have nothing against him and enjoy the map (in several areas more than my own, gasp!). I wasn't limiting the scope of your terrible feedback to my own thread, if you failed this reading assignment too.

15. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Glim are you still thinking of making a new version or can I feature it? :squirrel_sad:

16. Cr0ok3d

Cr0ok3d Ancient

I think you should feature it for the time being. If he makes another version then update it with that.

17. cubs199235

cubs199235 Ancient

congrats on this map for winning map of the year. It is truly well built. All these great maps in like 3 months since halo 3 came out, what will we have next yeaR?

18. RioT 17

RioT 17 Ancient

I played this the other day and it is so cool. Good job on this map.

19. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

Great map love it.

20. asianmario

asianmario Ancient

this looks really fun. i havent played a race map that works since halo 1. un fortunately i cant download it because i got the stupid red ring of death. ill download it as soon as i get my 360 back :squirrel_rocking: