Bungie 500

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Glimflicker, Dec 18, 2007.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

15.9%
  2. 2

4.3%
  3. 3

7.2%
  4. 4

17.4%
  5. 5

55.1%
  1. lilmuleman214

lilmuleman214 Ancient

Re: Bungie 500 - Mongoose Racing Redefined

this map is awesome. My buddies and I have non-stop fun on this map!!! Great job!

2. Arafa

Arafa Ancient

I'm the guy Dave that the OP was talking about that breaks maps. And I couldn't break this one, so you all should go get it. We've had a lot of fun on it already. When 2 people go into the banked turn at the same time and fight each other to stay on line, it's sublime. :)

3. DareDefyMe88

DareDefyMe88 Ancient

Wow, holy crap this looks AMAZING, definitely downloading!

4. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

I'm glad that you all are liking it. Does anyone have any specific feedback on the bottom level turns? I've been trying to put up signs or guides to direct you in those turns, but I haven't liked anything I've come up with yet. Is it intuitive enough as is?

5. Ty

Ty Guest

I'll drop some feedback when I actually get to play it, I Dl'd it yesterday but didn't get a chance to run on it.

6. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

AAwww... I have sad face :(... I think I'm about to download a racetrack map... again with the sad face :( ;)

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Don't be sad because someone actually thought something out and made it work, it'll be ok.

8. shadow0324

shadow0324 Ancient

niice, i like the map variant the best (an improvement on an already good idea)

9. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

I've made a few slight modifications to the map, mainly dealing with the man cannon entry. Without guide walls close to the man cannons on either side, you could still get credit for laps on foot without being teleported to the penalty box. It wasn't worth the time to attempt to do it that way, but I still wanted to make it a pure map if possible. I'll wait to see what you all think about this version before I post the changes (plus I need a larger party to get some action shots on them).

10. I Cottage I

I Cottage I Ancient

I have to say this is the best racetrack i have ever played... i just played it and it was very good. i like the fact that no one can cheat.
    Very well done!

11. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

You know you cheated Cottage!

12. I Cottage I

I Cottage I Ancient

whatever lol i down 2 laps and still beat u.........

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!

Cottage out! lol

13. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

I know you can't add it but what if.... you had a teammate who throughout out the track got off pick up weapons to have a sorta mario-kart feel to it. I dunno but kudos to you for making such a beast race track.

14. DareDefyMe88

DareDefyMe88 Ancient

Yes I have to say that after playing it, it is an awesome map.

I did notice that you could still cheat by walking around the teleporters, but I see you fixed that.

I do have a critique though. The first half of the race is awesome, going up then around the banked turns, but when you get back down to the bottom after the big turn, it just doesn't seem like the track anymore. Its hard to explain, but all you are doing is manuevering around some boxy turns and it just doesn't feel like the rest of the map. Its kinda hard to explain.

Overall though, its an awesome map, great job.

15. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

Yeah, I understand what you're saying about the bottom level. I mentioned it earlier, but the track was originally designed to be an oval on the second floor only. Unfortunately, the lap times were under 10 seconds, so not every lap you ran was always counted (the fastest that the VIP waypoint can move once every 10 seconds). I spent numerous hours trying to come up with a fix for it, but there are no VIP settings that would allow it to count every lap. I also couldn't find a way to increase the lap times over 10 seconds, so using the bottom level was my only real option.

EDIT: There are VIP settings that allow it to be counted every lap (i.e. move on arrival), but all those methods introduced being able to get credit for multiple laps if you drove through it slowly.

16. Gavin

Gavin Ancient

Dude this looks sofa king awesome
    this will be one of my first downloads when I get h3

17. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

I'm glad your map is getting the attention it deserves. It was the first one with banked turns that I saw, and I'm sure that it's a safe bet that this is the best one. And good job on the object placement... and I thought I was a perfectionist.

18. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

Its a good map me and my dad played on it last night for a good hour or so. We got some other people in to with rockets turned on indestructible vehicles and had a blast.

-Donuts

19. Killer Carebear

Killer Carebear Ancient

I was playing this map with doughnuts for a bit. It's a great map, but I suck horribly at driving.

20. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

Thanks man, glad you like it. I was definitely afraid that the map would get zero visibility due to being a race. I've come to terms with it needing at least a partial remake for a few areas that could definitely be better, so hopefully I can crank something out over the holidays. I have another project I'm hoping to finish up tonight or tomorrow and begin testing, and after that my attention will come back to this.