Bumper Jumper

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Gr4phix, Jul 20, 2009.

1. PwnsauceAddict

PwnsauceAddict Ancient

i tried bumper jumper out a loongg time ago, but i just stuck with default. but now that i saw this thread i think im gonna try it out again

2. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

meh, i got it in a late starting school day. we had 3 hours, my friend james bet me 10$ that i couldnt beat him with bumperjumper, i did, got 10$ and havent switched back.

3. Darksircam

Darksircam Ancient

I don't use Bumper Jumper.
    Legacy Southpaw+Default.

4. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

I use default, I just dont want to get used to bumper jumper... It probably does improve skills because you can jump and aim at the same time... makes someone much quicker.

5. O Blarg 0

O Blarg 0 Ancient

Just changed to it, probably will take a while to get used to it... I hate reolading in peoples faces.

6. Benji

Benji Ancient

so i tried bumper jumper the other day in social slayer, and i kept running up to people, then reloading at them. It was great fun.

7. Silver0range

Silver0range Ancient

The most annoying thing about Bumper Jumper is the vehicle boarding button... you have to hold B down if you want any chance at a vehicle. Very hard to use your reflexes with that.

8. Undead Fanatic

Undead Fanatic Ancient

I just started using it because I could see the advantages of using it. Still making mistakes but I'm only playing social and getting better.

9. Gr4phix

Gr4phix Ancient

Yeah I was reloading in people's faces like the first 2days I was playing it. It's amazing fun.

10. Plan B

Plan B Ancient

It works very good in sword matches.
    I used playing WWR Scorch ,a somewhat well-known and probably the best swordsman in halo 3, I got 3rd against him and I get invites from random people demanding sword matches.

Back On-T, I dont use BJ on anything else, hard to get use too, youll find yourself pressing the B button to melee all the time.

11. baz000ka j0e

baz000ka j0e Ancient

I tried it randomly one day, it was pretty easy to get used to but the reloading at people lasted a couple days

12. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

I just started using Bumper Jumper this night, It took me about 20 mins of gameplay to get used to (odd...) And I find it easier to get into combat. I wished that I had actually tried this earlier. I may switch back to default because it still feels a little weird jumping because in some scenarios, when I want to tap the jump button quickly- pressing LB is a little tougher than pressing A multiple times.

13. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

I like how 8 pages in, nobody has offered even one reason that Bumper Jumper(or Walkie Talkie, or Boxer) are inferior to default. That should tell anybody reading this something about this button layout. Spend a day doing campaign or social to get used to it, and then enjoy the significant and very noticeable increase in your skill.

The only argument for the default layout is stubbornness.

14. a dying animal

a dying animal Ancient

Bumper jumper takes time to get used to but its alot better.
    Personaly i stick to default.

15. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

On bumper jumper- you cannot turn and switch weapons/switch grenades/reload because you need to take your finger off the stick to press the A or B button. It seems like this may not be that big a deal, but there could be a moment where you need to do any of those quickly.

I dont know the controls for Boxer, so I dont know how its inferior...

16. MeanM4rine

MeanM4rine Ancient

When I changed to Bumper Jumper, I played campaign (most of it) on Heroic to get used to the configuration. After a few days, I could use it properly. It may not be the best setting to use, but it has helped me a lot.

17. Satan130

Satan130 Ancient

i spent like a month on bumper jumper and i finally gave up. the AR run/melle thing just didn't work as well.

then the hardcore playlist came out, and i tried it with team snipers and swat. took like a day to get used to and i am never going back.

18. Orbiter891

Orbiter891 Ancient

I tryed going bumper jumper but it just didn't fit me so i just went back to boxer settings

19. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

You can't turn and switch weapons on Default either, and I don't see why someone would like to turn and reload at the same time in comparison to turning and jumping or melee... -ing. For close quarters, bumper Jumper excels against those who don't have it for the ability to melee and jump quicker, you get a slight advantage to those who use Default.

20. Orbiter891

Orbiter891 Ancient

on default it's easy to turn and switch weapons, i use to do that alot before i switch to boxer.