Bumper Cars and Berserker!

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Codexx, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Codexx

Codexx Ancient

I've been lurking here for awhile, and I've been working on Forge maps since probably day 1. Been a pain figuring out stuff that works on maps besides Foundry. I've made these 2 maps + gametypes. Not my best work but still some relatively new maps. They were created about a week ago. Haven't had time to playtest them since my friends have all been busy at home, with their families, or on vacation, etc.

From what I can tell, it's general etiquitte to post images of gameplay. I really don't have more than a couple images of the maps, but if anyone gives them a try and takes some cool photos, I'd be happy to post them.

Bumper Cars:

[img width=800 height=450]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/codymccourtstratics/17158227-Full.jpg[/img]

Description: Like bumper cars in the real world, your goal is to viciously attack the other cars. Everyone hops in a ghost, of which there are plenty in the Garage area, and heads out into the arena. The only way to get kills is to either use the plasma cannons on the front of the ghost, or to ram people up against a wall. Teleporters are placed in 3 spots around the arena, so if anyone's ghost is destroyed, they have an opportunity to try running back to get a new one. Guns do no damage and player gravity is increased, to make it easier to splatter someone.

Download: Map |Gametype

Berserker

[img width=800 height=450]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/codymccourtstratics/17158048-Full.jpg[/img]

Description: One player is the Berserker. He is allowed to board a Wraith at one end of the map. Everyone else spawns on the other side of the map. There are a few places to hide, and some quick but dangerous routes. If you aren't the Berserker, you need to take him out before you get kills. Since nobody else can use the Wraith but the Berserker, you need to try to get up close and personal, and kill him, becoming the berserker yourself. Then you can get into the tank. Since kills are easy for the berserker but nobody else gets points, you need a lot of kills to win.

Download: Map |Gametype

I know, not the most explosive and awesome introduction, but I promise my next Forge update worthy of posting will be a full fledged level, playtested and complete, and hopefully much better than the two quickies above. But I thought I might as well familiarize people with my work before I introduce something good.

Hope to get to know the community better in the following months. You all seem like pleasant people.

*gametype download links added*

2. Orangeremi

Orangeremi Ancient

Re: My Debut! Bumper Cars and Berserker!

Your first map doesnt have any description at all...It seems dull. The second map though sounds original, and looks fun. And about the gametypes? Atleast make a link to them and definitely dont put them in your file share. Publish them to the Bungie forums and link them like the maps. (Which are hopefully linked to the forums!!)

3. Fitzypatrick413

Fitzypatrick413 Ancient

Beserker sounds fun to play, its original.
    ;)
    try to make a better first map

4. Codexx

Codexx Ancient

Fixed. Gametypes now have their own links.

5. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

Who get's chosen to be the berserker? Is it Juggernaut, and he's faster, or is a a mad dash, equal odds for everyone?

6. o Forge Freak o

o Forge Freak o Ancient

Sounds like juggernaut... But I thought there wasn't any juggernaut specific spawns?

7. Codexx

Codexx Ancient

No, there isn't. But if you're using the game variant I made, it takes a lot of kills to win the game, and you have to be the Juggernaut to get the kills. There might be a few premature deaths. Only the Juggernaut can use vehicles, so it'll just work out that the Juggernaut will be the one in the Wraith and everyone else will begin respawning on the other side of the map.

8. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

The first one needs a real description, nice and long and full of adjectives. =D

Both look to be highly original, which I applaud long and loudly. Well done.

9. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

The second one looks like it could be fun. Ill check it out.

10. Cr0ok3d

Cr0ok3d Ancient

I think I will check out the second one. It sounds like a good time.

11. RioT 17

RioT 17 Ancient