BTSP: Perilous

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Titmar, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Map Creators:
    Forge Hub Team BTSP:
    TITMAR, Asper49, and rusty eagle

---

Download the map here!!

Welcome to Perilous...

A map that will change your perception of what can be done with Rat's Nest (thought by some to be the worst map for Forge.) Perilous takes place on the section of Rat's Nest by the pelican, on the edge of the cliff. It is a vertically based, multi-platform level.
    Players' jumping skills will be put to the nest as they navigate the ramps, platforms, and crates in the air, fighting to keep the upper hand on their opponents below. But beware, sometimes the higher ground has its price.

Weapons are placed in logical places, and power weapons are hidden in some spots, some of them very hard to reach. (Especially in the middle of combat!) This map is very fun to just jump around on. While making the map we were challenging each other to make it to different tough jumping spots.
    Warning: it may seem frustrating to you at first if you aren't good at jumping.

Screenshots:

Aerial view of Perilous
    [​IMG]

Another aerial view
    [​IMG]

From the cliff edge, looking up
    [​IMG]

Platforming combat
    [​IMG]

Ground combat
    [​IMG]

This map works best for parties of 4 to 6 players, but we have tested it with more than 10 people in the party.
    It gets extremely chaotic with this many people, which is why we recommend only 4-6.
    We recommend playing:

FFA Slayer
    FFA Oddball
    FFA Crazy King

Juggernaut should work as well.
    Oh, and Bungie's default gametypes for these will work just fine,
    you don't need to download any special gametypes.

Note: This is not a Team map!

Feel free to tweak any settings and let us know what you found was the most fun to play.
    Leave any feedback or suggestions you might have. Thanks for playing!

~TITMAR, BTSP.

#1 Titmar, Dec 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2008
  2. Orangeremi

Orangeremi Ancient

Beautiful map, I simply love it!! Spawn placement is great, and the weapon spawns couldnt be better. I just love how the map plays, and it's so creative. Plenty of hidden weapons to keep you looking for a while. One of the best maps ever. Highly Recommended and Highly Addictive!!!!

3. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

I just downloaded it... about to go check it out online... looks good. Let's see if what I taught you guys is going to bring you to the top. Good Luck on this and all future endeavors my pupils. LAWLZ!!!

Peace Out!!!

4. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Lol, i wonder how quick he will find that one part.... ?

5. absentrabbit

absentrabbit Ancient

not sure... but ill have the second map published tommarow along with your video.

6. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Okay, PM the link to me on Forge Hub so we can link the threads up on bnet.

7. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

And PM me the link to The Labyrinth Video so I can link that...

8. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

wow. very nice looking. can't play yet due to net difficulties... I now hate painting, it isn't nearly as fun as it was made out to be. lol

9. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Yea the spawn placement better be good, cuz I did em'. That was one of the hard parts was the spawns because of the size of the map. Best played with 5 or less in my opinion, but it's really fun because radar is basically no help. I'm the only one to get the laser, lol.

10. Esponeo

Esponeo Ancient

The spawn placements are mostly fine but the ones at the bottom could use a little work. Its extremely disorientating and confusing to start off down there and suiciding is very easy. I never, ever spawned anywhere except the bottom level also. I don't know if you even had spawns up top.

The weapon placement is silly. Anything worthwhile is at the bottom of the map making it pointless to go up top. Needler? Brute Shot? Supposedly you had a Laser and Sword hidden somewhere, although I never saw either of them and placing power weapons in extremely difficult to reach places is not something one should be doing. The flame grenade is a silly idea for a power weapon, especially on a map with no corridors. The overshield placement is extremely obnoxious, as anyone coming up from the bottom will get it without even knowing how or why. I don't know if the camo is supposed to be on top of a box or not but every time I saw it, it wasn't, and falling to the bottom level in order to acquire it is an extremely dangerous proposition.

The Traxus loading boxes constantly disappear and reappear for some extremely weird scenarios. I'm fairly certain I somehow had one spawn around me as I was suddenly inside of it, although that may have been lag. The ramps are extremely annoying due to the strangely placed invisible wall near the barbed wire. Ascending the map is extremely difficult to do and painfully annoying. Bungie typically does not make vertical maps, and this seems a good example why not. The map is confusing enough by being vertical, and you went ahead and made it non-symmetrical.

11. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

:) You were the only one who didnt like it and couldnt figure it out.
    Im sorry that you didnt spawn at the top, there are plenty of spawns at all parts of the map.

The power weapons are inside boxes, that are easy to jump to if you just look. I noticed the entire time you played you just camped behind a box at the bottom of the map. The overshield is placed where it is, because the unlucky who spawn on the lower boxes are basically jumping right into the fray and need some protection. The camo is easily reached without falling off the map. The needler dominates on this map if you know how to use it... Basically everything you said is retarded.

Its hard to take advice from someone whose spawns and maps suck sooo yea... sorry. Everytime i played your crappy map i spawned in the middle of a firefight over and over with like 5 people next to me so you have no room to talk.

12. Esponeo

Esponeo Ancient

It worked really well, didn't it?

13. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Esponeo you need to look at maps for the fun factor as well, this is not a highly competitive map, it's just fun to play. In a map this size if the power weapons were easily attainable then whomever had them would dominate the map ridiculously. The map was made for the A button, and if you can't jump vertically instead of horizontally then oh well. The flame grenade only kills on impact, like a sticky.

I've seen your spawn work, you have nice neat rows of two or three spawns which is okay for team games, not really, but for FFA maps it would be a disaster like in your complex map. Don't get me wrong it has a very nice layout, but don't start being the authority on spawn points.

Not everything is competition esponeo, try to relax and have some fun. That is the purpose of our maps and custom games. Maybe you need to go back to matchmaking. Oh and make a map outside of foundry while being creative.

14. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Which is why you can't complain about the weapons because the higher you go the better they get.

15. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Not to mention the fact that the map was not built to be played with that many people, in case you cant read. Hence why spawns were wacky.

16. Esponeo

Esponeo Ancient

I apologize for not enjoying your map. I will not make suggestions on your future maps.

17. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

It's all right to make suggestions given the right testing conditions. 15 people on a map made for 5 is not going to work well, especially with lag.

18. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Its all good. Everyone else who played it has loved it, so im happy. :)

19. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

I'm so lonely
    Mr. Lonely
    Got nobody
    To forge with me

Titmar and Asper formed that team
    Along with that Seargent
    by the name of Sarcasm
    and that Rusty Eagle
    Their maps give me an orgasm

I'm sitting here forging by myself
    flying objects on the Spartan Eagle
    super symetrical in the Coke House

I'm so lonely
    I'm so lonely
    Got nobody...
    To Forge with me

(Original song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol27wXml1sI )

As requested from Seargent Sarcasm, who's name rhymes with...orgasm.

20. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory