Breakneck

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Gravedigger5454, Jul 28, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

4.1%
  2. Okay

4.1%
  3. Average

13.7%
  4. Good

19.2%
  5. Great

58.9%
  1. Stratigon13

Stratigon13 Ancient

I didn't play halo 2 much so i don't know about headlong but I love how the fence boxes are interlocked with the normal boxes and that big wall of bridges is cool too. congrats on the feature

#61 Stratigon13, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. that worm

that worm Ancient

Headlong was my favorite map in halo 2 bar lockout, with its epic flag battles and open lines of sight, and having seen one too many failed remakes due to the small sixe of foundry you can imagine I was a bit skeptical about the quality of this map knowing an accurate remake was out of the question ergonomically.

I am very happy to say I was very pleasantly surprised, the two well defined bases are perfect for 1 flag and assault or even multi flag, the hectic ' hold the base at all costs' mentality I found so encapsulating in the original headlong is excellently reproduced here and this map is definitely living permanently on my HD.

i think the secret to why i love this map so much is the way there is very little in the way of confined choke points to hold the enemy off, it is a very open base which allows for a lot of lateral movement which adds that extra bit of excitement to flag games, both teams really have to work as a team and this map really compliments good communication and teamwork, a very well deserved feature.

If i had one complaint however it would be the failing of the map on ground level, the action is really confined to the upper two levels, perhaps more cover or weapon spawns on the ground would vary this already excellent map even more

3. Damilkman

Damilkman Ancient

Damilkman

Quote by Chris Mcclain: Host of Total Drama Island

One a scale on one to ten...15.
    This is one of the greatest maps I have ever seen.​