Remake Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart 64)

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by biesterd1, Oct 17, 2010.

1. biesterd1

biesterd1 Forerunner

Hey everyone, I made Bowser's Castle from Mario Kart 64. It took me a decent amount of time to finish up, finished with zero dollars at the end. Its pretty accurate as far as the track goes, and I did my best to make all the details.

There are "thwomps" (supply crates) that spawn in the air every ten seconds or so and drop to the floor. It was the best I could do to simulate it. The thwomps that move side to side in the one room i did by having man cannons launch the supply crates from one side to the other.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 biesterd1, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  2. GeneCoon

GeneCoon Ancient

Looks very good. Definetly has that Mario Kart feeling (what I can see from the pics). Downloading.

3. Caretaker

Caretaker Ancient

[​IMG]

Remake that one or I'm going to, rofl.

4. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao
    Forge Critic Senior Member

another nice map that takes me back almost a decade. This was one of my favorites from mk64, I'm about to check this out.

I hope for someone to forge Yoshi's island.

5. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

This is....amazingly accurate. I loved this track in Mario Kart, and I love it now. Im incredibly surprised at how accurate it is....
    The forging is clean, and the track has enough variety to keep me playing, and the nostalgic feeling also helps.
    10/10.

6. Oldranos

Oldranos Ancient

Wow really good idea to remake a N64 mario kart map. I think that I will try to make my own remake too ( of a other map ).

Anyway good job !

7. biesterd1

biesterd1 Forerunner

thanks guys. i did run out of money and most building supplies at the end so i couldnt fully complete it - i would have added some details into the hallways and the spiral ramp toward the end is supposed to be a whole building not just a ramp. also would have added in some rails and possible more kill balls to simulate lava but its all good. if only you could change the color of the grids to red...

8. One iiNSANE Kid

One iiNSANE Kid Forerunner

Wow, Gratz on being a hidden gem on the update
    I love this map, but the too thwomps in the air never seem to fall, but this is still epic.
    Good job.

9. biesterd1

biesterd1 Forerunner

yeah two of the thwomps dont fall- the two that would block the one doorway. i couldnt have them alternate dropping. besides, when they fall they actually stay on the ground for a while and this would block the entrance so i just had them float in the air.

10. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

great map. lots of fun to race.
    the track is easy, which helps a skilled driver gain the lead by driving a better line.
    sometimes the thwomps didnt seem to be working right, but it was always
    in my favor so of course i didnt mind =P

altogether a really fun track that i will be keeping around to replay for a while.
    good job!

11. TurbTastic

TurbTastic Forerunner

Other MK64 remakes

My friend and I have other Mario Kart 64 remakes if anyone wants to get a Grand Prix going or something. On my fileshare (TurbTastic) you can find Koopa Troopa Beach, Rainbow Road, Frappe Snowland, Toad's Turnpike, and Choco Mountain. My friend has 5 others on his fileshare (SO IYIeRciLeSs) including DK's Jungle Parkway, Wario Stadium, Banshee Boardwalk, Sherbet Land, and another version of Bowser's Castle. Message me if you want to get some epic custom races arranged.