Borderlands 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Matty

Matty Ancient

and then playthough 2.5 they will all scale to 50-52 or w/e

2. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

But wouldn't I be OP for all the main quests after that?

3. ChronoTempest

ChronoTempest Senior Member

Well supposedly all the enemies will scale to 50 once you beat your second playthrough, so I wonder if that means all DLC enemies would also scale.
    Either way, the best situation is to not accept any sidequests on playthrough 2 and do nothing but story missions; when you go back to accept the side quests, the rewards and enemies will be scaled to 50. Like I said, though, not sure how that affects DLC.

4. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Right, I was only going to do the quests that didn't reward guns, shields, etc. My second playthrough started at 30, but it caught up pretty fast since I wasn't doing any side quests.

On another note, has anyone had problems with Tesla grenades recently? Idk if it's just the Mechromancer (I haven't tested it with any other character), but they aren't very consistent anymore. Half the time I throw them at an enemy, it doesn't shock them. I love Teslas because they only target enemies after the initial "explosion" and are great for defending a certain point.

5. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

Borderlands 2: April 2nd Update - Orcz.com, The Video Games Wiki

I'm both happy and disappointed with this...
    Happy because we're getting more stuff!
    Disappointed because Gearbox is pulling a huge **** move here. They're locking off the level cap to its own DLC and charging you five bucks for it, and also making it so you can only find the best weapons if you own this DLC.

Now, I myself am not affected at all by this as I own the Season Pass. However, I honestly think that Gearbox is straying away from making Borderlands for the sake of making Borderlands and just milking the cash out of it. (See: Microtransactions for new Skins/Heads for your character.)

I REALLY hope they turn their stuff around or start releasing some fantastic DLCs as they haven't been so great as of late. (The story for Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt was like half an hour long and they could've easily made it sooooooooooo much better and so much longer with minimal effort.)
    I have to say something about all the DLCs so far, though. Not a single one of them was actually made by the Borderlands 2 Dev team. They were actually made by a subsidiary studio that didn't work on the base game whatsoever. So for now I'm just hoping that now Gearbox is done with A:CM, they'll actually be the ones doing the DLCs for Borderlands 2.

At this point, though, I'm just happy I'm getting more Borderlands!

6. ChronoTempest

ChronoTempest Senior Member

Makes sense to keep it separate though, as someone may not want any of the DLC but they still want more out of the main game.