Border War v2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Awkward Silence, May 17, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map

1. Buddy, you get an F. Minus.

7.1%
  2. Snore. Go play Matchmaking.

21.4%
  3. Eh. Average.

35.7%
  4. Wow, this is actually... neat!

28.6%
  5. You are a freaking god.

7.1%
  1. Reynbow

Reynbow Ancient
    Banned Senior Member

3.5/5
    Above Average

Straight off the bat I have to say that I definitely commend you for taking in what people have said and going back to Forge to edit things to make it look better. That my friends is real dedication.

Obviously you took a lot of time to make this map, and as I just said going back again to edit it in Forge, not only that but re-uploading to your file share, changing links, editing your post, adding pictures etc. That's really what a true Forger would do.

I have not seen you here at all before, I don't recognise the name and you are obviously a new guy. But I thank you for making your post look nice and neat, with good embedded pictures and a clean post. Now all that said on to the map itself.

The map itself is very basic for a map on ForgeHub, it doesn't have to much to it and is a simple layout. The interlocking is amature at best, with a few cool little extra (Like the tilted windows as cover).

But with that all said, it's not a bad thing. The basic layout is sometimes not good at all, you however have made a good looking layout. It looks to me like this map would play very well, with weapons spread out and the rush to Rockets, this map seems to call for movement.
    With a nice spread of weapons over the map, but holding back and not going over board. I would have liked to see a weapons list in the post, but that's not necessary. The basic layout is sometimes overlooked and thrown away, but this looks like fun. Given it's not the greatest map, it's a really good first map.

I can see a lot of potentially good maps coming from you, keep up the great work =]​

#21 Reynbow, May 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  2. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Wow!

Hey, I'd just like to thank Reynbow for the more official-sounding review. With this map being my first, I just wanted to keep things simple and see what people thought of my attempt at a legitimate map. Even though Reynbow gave it a 3.5 out of 5, for me, that's still pretty good for something leaning towards effective simplicity. I think I've hit my own mark here, but the map that I'm contemplating right now... it's going to be much more complex, and hopefully better.

As for his comments about my dedication to feedback, yeah, it could be that, or it's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Who knows? :)

3. Tex

Tex Ancient

well, its not ez to do, but there is a way to interlock them neatly, and make it so people cant grenade jump up...did u try the interlock technique i showed u?

4. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Yeah, I did, but I found that when I interlocked them enough so that the bridge didn't poke out, there was this little, tiny, tiny, ledge that my friend (He's a really annoying expert at getting out or exploiting maps) was able to get on to. Plus, now I kind of like how the bridges look on the side. Thanks, though!

5. Esquisofrenic

Esquisofrenic Ancient

looks nice, but for some reason i think it needs something more

6. PlasmaGlory

PlasmaGlory Ancient

Nice map, got my DL.

7. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Ancient

looks pretty good with the edits and such. ill dl and check out

8. xMBMAxPureEvil

xMBMAxPureEvil Ancient

nice map and nice idea Good job

9. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Wow, thanks guys! I thought this thread died.

Ha. Equisofrenic. BANHAMMERED for what, I wonder? I guess I'll never know what that "something more" was.... Ah, well.

(Edit: Equisofrenic isn't banned anymore... what the hell?)

#29 Awkward Silence, Jun 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  10. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

some parts look a wee bit sloppy, but all in all i really like the layout of the map. it could be fun to play on. overall i say 4/5

11. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

So why did you give it a 3 out of 5 in the poll....

12. Hashmeer

Hashmeer Ancient

Some of the walls look like the were not interlocked, but still it looks fun. I will give this one a download ^_^

13. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Hmm. Mixed reviews, but it seems some people are looking at the first few pictures, not the edits, and then leaving a bad response on the poll without writing a post about why they don't like it. That, is annoying.

14. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

Looks like a blast for shotty snipers.

15. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

AGHH!! Everyone who is leaving a comment has good things to say, but they don't leave it in the Poll! Others are just putting bad things in the Poll and not telling me why! That's what other people are going to see first! AHHH!!

16. Esquisofrenic

Esquisofrenic Ancient

looks sweet. nice use of window panels, and nice idea of the center. some spots look plain like they could use some objects, but other than that. it looks great and fun to play on

17. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Equisofrenic, you've been banned, then back to warned, then banned again, then back to warned, now you're back to normal. What the hell? Anyways, thanks for the comments. Trust me though, the areas that you say look empty fill up really fast on 5 V 5. People need that much room to move and dodge effectively.

18. LuckoftheMoose

LuckoftheMoose Ancient

Looks really good, I'll DL ^_^

19. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Notice: I've been playing this again, and it is important to note that if you are playing Multi Flag, MAKE SURE that you set it so that the flag needs to be home to capture. Otherwise, there isn't enough time for any real rescues. The rounds end really fast if that setting isn't on. Thank you for your time. (And downloads.)

20. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

very nice straight walls, i like the idea but it looks like u havnt interlocked those bridges i might b wrong but do so if havnt, some places look a bit open and a source of cover would b good, but in all looks fun