Sandbox Bodhidharma

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Zero_S1gnol, May 20, 2009.

1. Zero_S1gnol

Zero_S1gnol Ancient

Map Title: BODHIDHARMA
    In a trancendant state the forerunners created this harmonious sanctuary. 4-12 players

Download Map

Gametypes:
    Slayer, CTF, Assault

Description:
    Well, this is my second ever finished map. First one on Sandbox though. You can find my other map:HERE

The aim for Bodhidharma was to create a big, futuristic symmetrical map for your standard modes. The bases are huge, so the middle part is kept a bit more minimal to balance it out. I hate cluttered maps.

Interlocking is there, but not more than needed. I know there's a lot of interlocking lovers amongst you, but to me over doing it only makes the items flicker and make it ugly. So another aim was to avoid visual glitches in the map.

If you look well on the screenshots, you'll see a tower in each base. Three floors, on the second floor you can find objective goals. Snipers spawn on the lowest floor of the tower...giving it a 'Pit-esque' feel.

I tried to make it as balanced possible, so most weapons are placed symmetrical except a few.

As for camping spots...yes there are a few, one of the least intended ones being the roofs of the bases. I could try to block it off, but it actually turned out to be fun picking off snipers from there. I tested it with some very good 50's and they were easily shot off.

Weapons:
    BR X 6
    Carbine X 2
    Sniper X 2
    Plasma rifle x 2
    Plasma pistol x 1
    SMG X 2
    Bruteshot X 2
    Splazer X 1

Power drain X 2
    Regen X 2
    Bubble X 2
    Handfull of nades
    Overshield X 1

Now less talk, more action...see the screenshots.

Overview:
    [​IMG]

Bases:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chopper garage:
    [​IMG]

Splazer spawn:
    [​IMG]

Middle section:
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think of it.

2. Forge|Designer|C13

wow looks quiet good, those structures reminde me of the elephants :)

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Ancient

I agree, the map layout looks quite awesome, almost like fighting in two giant ships.
    Nothing over powering, so gameplay would be good.

Only tip I could give is, add a little something to the top right of the blue base, seems kind of bare there. Sorry if you hit your item limit. :p

4. Zero_S1gnol

Zero_S1gnol Ancient

Well...I did hit the limit, unfortunately. I built the bases perfectly symmetrical, so it shouldnt be a problem. Bare space means youll have to search for cover, wich is a gameplay part on itself...think mid floor on construct.

5. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Ancient

Ahh I see.
    Well later on after I finish up my map, I'll DL this one.

And give it a spin later on with a few buds.

6. xpunkshorty27x

xpunkshorty27x Ancient

This map has a very creative layout and some weird structures. My favorite part is the chopper garage.
    4/5: Would like more inside base pictures though.