Bob the elite poll

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by masterpete117, Oct 26, 2010.

1. masterpete117

masterpete117 Ancient

if you do not already know this there is a ranger elite in reaches missions that has gold armor and rarely appears and when he does he quickly disapears. if you kill him you get the medal "seek and destroy" my question is am i the only one that knows this? ill post pics when i find some.

2. SPARTAN 121

SPARTAN 121 Ancient

wrong forum. and no, you're not the only one.

3. FlamingArmadillo

FlamingArmadillo Forerunner

There are many threads on Bungie.net dedicated to finding bobs.

4. artifact123

artifact123 Forerunner

I tried to finish Winter Contingency on Legendary without dying to unlock Carter's Helmet i got killed by a BOB with a Concussion Rifle. After reloading the checkpoint i splattered him but i didn't got the medal.

ALSO: How many cR do you get for a BOB kill since medals give a cR bonus?

5. Aod43254

Aod43254 Forerunner

On Oni: Sword Base there is a BOB that is duel wielding Plasma Rifles in the room that the shotgun spawns in multiplayer

6. H4Z4RD

H4Z4RD Forerunner

I dont think you get anymore credits than if you kill a regular ranger elite.
    Anyways, Im pretty sure you have to be on Legendary and in WC, there's three (I think) that can possibly spawn. If your trying beat it on Legendary, when you see them run, because in 30 seconds they will turn invis.

7. PILGRIM

PILGRIM Ancient

That wasnt BOB, he dosent shoot you unless you attack him, otherwise he just legs it.

8. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Forerunner

Yea, its a golden elite in ranger armor. Theres one on like every level. If you kill them, they drop data pads that give a background story to Reach, kind of like the terminals from ODST

9. masterpete117

masterpete117 Ancient

no Cr bonus but there is a point bounus if you have scoreing on and he is the biggest kill unless you kill a phantom or something

10. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I managed to assassinate a bob on Nightfall. He's at the bit where you find the stray militia guys heading up to the Waterfront part of the level.

11. masterpete117

masterpete117 Ancient

yeah i did that on night of solace. he appers the most there in the ship part

12. Hogframe

Hogframe Ancient

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

To clarify, BoBs do not give you Data Pads. They are two completely unrelated easter eggs.

Data Pads do not give you background story on Reach. They talk about a race of humans who have evolved past their bodies, and who have been secretly guiding humanity for god knows how long.

#12 Hogframe, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  13. EmoTimmi

EmoTimmi Forerunner

I knew aboutit. I got 51 Bob kills and that means 51 "Seek and Destroy" Medals, lol. maybe more, i dunno. haven't checked in awhile. Anywas, i think people should know about them since thegame has been out for a decent amount of time now.