Boats

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Monochron, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Monochron

Monochron Ancient

I'm looking to make some sort of boat. I have found that at least one of the items under "Structure" will float and I am hoping to use that as a boat and maybe propel it will rockets or something along those lines.

Now, so far everything I tried doesn't float perfectly. Only one side will float or something along those lines. I tried locking them in with other piece. . . but I don't know a good way to do that. I believe in Halo 3 it was as easy as using a door to push them together, but I'm not sure if I can do it now. Any ideas about that? Or about other ways to make something float that you can stand on?

2. Monochron

Monochron Ancient

So, I was thinking if you took two objects that floated and set one of them as phased and the other as normal that they may be able to float. Though I'm thinking the phased one will just sit there and not let the other one move....
    is that right?

3. redearth

redearth Ancient

Which object under structure floats?

And furthermore, you can not combine normal objects together. That's why you can't have a revenascorpiosheegauss hog.

Which would be downright awesome. But you can't.

4. Monochron

Monochron Ancient

I believe it is the barricade? Unfortunately I can't check now but the problem with it is that only one side of it floats. So it bobs in the water at kind of an angle with only the bottom part staying upright. If only I could bind items I would just get a bunch of those and use them like bouys.

Even if I could just make something levitate that would move from one place to the other or that you could move from one place to the other, that would be great. just finding stuff to build something like this is proving to be quite a challenge.

5. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

There was a trick to propel a raft on Longshore (H3), but I believe you needed two people to do it... and that was just to move the thing... It's safe to say that it would be nearly impossible to combine a mass amount of floating objects and somehow find a way to propel them in one direction.

But people also said it would be impossible to build a conveyor belt... and that was proved wrong.

So... don't give up! I hope you can do it.. somehow!

#5 Monolith, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010