Blast Off!!!

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by rusty eagle, Aug 3, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

10.8%
  2. Okay

6.0%
  3. Average

2.4%
  4. Good

19.3%
  5. Great

61.4%
  1. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Blast Off!!!

Created by: Ell3ment

Recommended Players: 4v4, 5v5
    Recommended Gametypes: Fly High

Here's a recipe ripe and ready for a rip-roaring good time. Take one part grav lift, two parts broken column, and a sprig of KoTH. Combine those with Halo's physics and enjoy an instant classic. Well, luckily enough the recipe's been baked and we're here to showcase this delicious concoction of fun.

This tasty treat hovers feet above Sandbox's mid-level and encases all of the essential ingredients, those being two-opposing teams. One team rains brute and rocket fire down to deter any would-be player looking for a grav-lift ride to heaven, or as close as they can get. It's not that simple though (things never are) as your team must strategize to gain the most hill-time possible. So download, and prepare to have a blast going sky high.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Blast Off!!!

Download Fly High!

Original FH Thread

If you have any thoughts on this article, or the front page in general, that you would like to share with us then we invite you to post your opinions in the Front Page Feedback thread.

2. The God of Grunge

Banned

Holy ****ing win, batman.

The rocket ship looks beautiful, and the way the creator utilized the hilarious physics of halo are great. I love this map.

First.

#2 The God of Grunge, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  3. EGP

EGP Ancient

This really deserved the feature. I remember all the good times in playing this game. Helpful Hint: Try throwing the gravity lift in the corner connecting four blocks. They will all four go up and I guaruntee you will be in the air a whole lot longer. Not that much fun for the people who are shooting, but lots of fun for the people trying to score the points in the hill.Congrats on the feature.

4. Dow

Dow Ancient

I am really glad to see this getting featured. This is the first time in a long time when I can say that the forgehub feature process has done something right. This really is a great mini game and I reccomend everyone to try it. I would download it, but I already have it :D.

Congratulations ell3ment

5. Aaronator

Aaronator Ancient

This definitely a great choice. About time minigames started to get featured.

6. PRS

PRS Ancient

True that Dow. I've always loved this map, and it's great that it's getting some well-needed recognition here. And the fact that it's a minigame show that games like these can have chance to get featured. Congrats Ell3ment.

7. Crippled Hobo

Crippled Hobo Ancient

As soon as I played this map, I knew it was well worthy of a feature. It's unique, well made and a whole lotta fun! All the aspects of a great map are filled. I enjoyed playing this with my friends. Congrats Ell3ment, it's well deserved!

#7 Crippled Hobo, Aug 3, 2009
  8. Silent oo death

Silent oo death Ancient

This is an amazing WIN feature. From testing to after this map has always been amazing, and deserves a spot on everyone's map list. It has made a home in mine and i play this game every time i get a big party going.

9. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

This wasnt featured allready? Wow...

But this is an amazing map and game. The only problems that I had were that I could fly to the top and jump outside of the map and certain blocks get stuck.... Other than that- This is one of my favorite mini games.

10. thrame

thrame Ancient

i saw this on halo 3 forges and i downloaded it from there and i loved this map great work the gametype is awesome

11. CyraxZ

CyraxZ Ancient

It took ya'll long enough. I'm surprised it's been two months since the map came out. Did the write-up actually take that long? :lol: Anyhow, I'm glad you guys finally decided to feature it. Like that guy said, this is definitely 'an amazing WIN feature'. My friends and I had a ton of fun playing this map. I can't wait until that v2 comes out! :happy:

#11 CyraxZ, Aug 3, 2009
  12. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

this map is awesome........looking, but im not a fan of the game. The grav lift method isnt accurate enough

13. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Cool. I always thought that this was really creative, and deserved to be featured. It took awhile, but it's finally here!

14. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

DAMMIT!
    I always said I would be so ****ING ANGRY if this got featured!

But oh well, it seems some people enjoy constantly deploying grav lifts. That or constantly reloading a brute shot. But either way, congrats on the feature Ell3ment..
    A lot of my friends enjoy this, and I'm actually quite sad I don't, because EVERYONE ****ing plays this.. all the time!

I guess that means something, you did a good job! Once again, congratulations! =)

15. D4RK 3NCRYPT3R

D4RK 3NCRYPT3R Ancient

Congrats, I knew this would get featured the moment I saw it. I'm accually surprised that it didn't get featured sooner.

16. Zachary9990

Zachary9990 Ancient

17. Wu pmouse

Wu pmouse Ancient

its about time this got featured, this game so fun to play even by yourself (two controllers) this is very much worth the feature, Congrats Ell3ment for the feature

18. camyhead1

camyhead1 Ancient

im not really surprised i remember the great times on this map and i was just w8ing for it to get featured congratz ell3ment really well deserved feature

19. 12 inch winner

12 inch winner Ancient

damn dude finally this got featured i downloaded this map a month ago and have been looking for the game type for the longest time! but any how this map is very well made its the best version of one of these gravity room maps ive seen so far and i can't wait to finally play it ! but 5/5 defiantly .

20. jpitty

jpitty Ancient

It's a bout time something actually decent gets featured. This map is great, it actually has creativity and plays very well and fun