Remake Blackout

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Bluegobln, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Bluegobln

Bluegobln Forerunner

Probably one of the more accurate remakes of Blackout to date. This includes all major game types and original spawns, accurate weapon and grenade placement, and only slight differences aesthetically (besides the obvious color and texture differences). Play is almost perfect with almost every jump I ever did in the original present in this version. You can jump up bottom BR tower to mid level, you can hide on the ledges inside it, you can hop from rail to sniper perch, rail to BR rooftop, and come close enough to slash at them above sword spawn (mainly for zombies).

Some additional details:
    - Fast lift, it doesn't float, it whips you up and flings you down right on the landing spot
    - Zombie mode has colorblind effects, though I haven't added any crates blocking doorways (possible future update)
    - There are a few unique spots to chill for jet-packers and those who are looking for them
    - Replaced SMG with Plasma Repeater, which I found to be as close a weapon (use wise) as possible

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you, and enjoy my remake of my favorite Halo 3 map! :)

#1 Bluegobln, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. Xrift

Xrift Forerunner

Never really liked Blackout for some reason, but by seeing the pictures you have provided, it looks like a decent remake.

3. Mista Skittles

Mista Skittles Ancient

Good Remake, but kind of an easy one considering the fact that a lot of the structures are made for it.

It doesn't matter, I'll probably still play it. Good Remake.

4. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

Mista

he only used 2 of the pre-made buildings. a bit of a waste of blocks, but his choice.

overall it doesn't look like a very uniform creation. block wise. and hows the frame rate? all of the other maps I've played have terrible frame rates

5. xKryeZ

xKryeZ Forerunner

Looks nice I love blackout (and Lockout) I'll try it out

6. Bluegobln

Bluegobln Forerunner

I still havn't seen a Blackout with this level of accuracy, though I no longer download them for play. I recently found both this and my Gemini remake have framerate issues on split screen. For a map to play cleanly no matter what we pretty much have to sacrifice a considerable amount of detail. Remakes aren't too difficult, even accurate ones, but remakes that play flawlessly are going to be impossible.

#6 Bluegobln, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010