Sandbox BlackHeart

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by last_chaos_7, Apr 8, 2009.

1. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

[​IMG]

Map: BlackHeart V2 (doesn't say it is a V2 but it is)
    comments are greatly appreciated!

Gametype (battletracks or this): Chaos Racing

New video thanks to Xx Pr0 F0rge xX: BlackHeart

Giant Note: Alright i've gotten a few comments now that it is not cheatproof but I am assuring you it is cheatproof. It just doesn't look like it is. If you don't believe me go and try for yourself =)

This is my 5th map I think and it is BY FAR the best I have every created and mabey the best out there, I don't know you decide. This map took around 30 hours to make border and test a few rounds. I love this map and it can get quite confunsing if you just look at the pictures. It took alot of planning and I had to redo a few parts to make sure I would have all of the right objects. The thing with this map is that it is very competitive and has alot of power slide / drift turns that take skill to master. There are many spots to pass people and is tons of fun. The bank turns were tested to perfection and everything is super smooth. well enough of that to the pics!

Main overveiw which is where I get the name from (the bank looks like a heart =):
    [​IMG]

The start of the track:
    [​IMG]

The first banks amazing view and forging!
    [​IMG]

Us 4 going around the corkscrew thingy!
    [​IMG]

An interesting view =)
    [​IMG]

Some competitive drifting:
    [​IMG]

Power Slide and uncheatable checkpoint:
    [​IMG]

an overview:
    [​IMG]

another overview:
    [​IMG]

The main overview again with the heart bank!
    [​IMG]

Thanks again and for anyone who was with me while I was forging and testing this amazing track! =)

Special Note: The pallets are like a lava flow... They can be very important... HINT HINT

Please reinforce the tags on this map =)
    Map: BlackHeart V2 (doesn't say it is a V2 but it is)

Gametype (battletracks or this): Chaos Racing

#1 last_chaos_7, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  2. thumtac

thumtac Ancient

First and the map looks really good except the fact that it looks like you can cheat very easily on this map. But none the less I would rather play with honor rules on a map that looks this good. 5/5.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection this map looks completely cheat proof. Very good job. Neatly forged and everything.

#2 thumtac, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  3. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

Thank you and yes this map is completely cheat proof I tested it quite a few times and the only places there aren't barriers are places where it will only hinder you if you fall off or jump off of it lol

4. Winterburner

Winterburner Ancient

Surely one of the best race tracks ever made on Halo 3. Very sweet aesthetics, interlocking works, cheat-proofness brings extra points aswell. I just need to get to play this. But, for a race track, 9.5 out of 10. Just because I won't give a full 10 to almost any map. Only if it's perfect.

5. lefty0904

lefty0904 Ancient

I love sandbox. I just wanted to throw that out there lol. The racetracks im seeing on it just blow foundry away. This is one of the better tracks that ive seen. I dont really make race tracks so i cant tell how the cheat system would work but it looks like it would work fine. And yea I guess you could cheat on the top part by just dropping down to the lower tracks but...idk how you could fix it so oh well.

#5 lefty0904, Apr 8, 2009
  6. Eaglrys BR iZ GoDly

Not only is the race fun, but this map looks amazing aesthetically. The endless twists and turns, the ramps and jumps, it really is a very well designed map. 5/5 this gives racing a whole new meaning.

7. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

In one word: INSANE

I love this map, it is absolutely amazing to race on, and very smooth. Keep up the good work.

8. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

wow thanks for the comments... lol this is my last racetrack for a while becuase i'm going to take a break so I wanted it to be remembered and I wanted to post it before the mythic maps came out...

9. abandoned heretic

wow insane looking good my friend like all the hills and drops amazing

10. Leeumm

Leeumm Ancient

Wow. Really great track. Excellent forging here, and amazing aesthetics as well. It's all so clean and it looks so crazy to race on. Great work. 5/5.

11. AnF Knight

AnF Knight Ancient

VERY NICE!! This is one of the best! Last Chaos you have really become an amazing forger and with this, you proove it. The steep turns and the sharp corners are flawless.
    AnF Pro Score 5/5

12. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

yayness!!! aproval lol. Thanks for the comments guys... also all the competition and friends have all helped me get this far! So thanks all! =)

13. Powerslave

Powerslave Ancient

wow!
    ive always wanted to see a track that's like that, with the slanted turns and going under the tracks, or W/E you did.
    nice job.
    keep on forging.

14. xPsychZerox

xPsychZerox Ancient

Man I'll definitely be sure to download this tomorrow. This is a masterpiece! I normally don't do race maps anymore but this is so amazing I just have to. Love the turns and the feel. great job 5/5

15. god4

god4 Ancient

very very nice, was that heart intentional?

16. ParaEmbeR 33

ParaEmbeR 33 Ancient

Very nice. The intrlocking is perfect and from what I can see it is uncheatable. I love the banks and your screenshots are amazing. The only thing is in every race track I have seen on sandbox, every single one of them only has banks like this one. This is just my opinion but I think an amazing race track would have more, maybe jumps? Or loops? Instead of just banks over and over again. Sorry, Im being kind of a critic here but thats what I would like to see in a race track. Anyways the map is beautiful, 5/5.

17. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

Unfortunately, the map is quite easy to cheat because you forgot to put all the grav lifts on instant respawn. I could just shoot the grav lifts and drive back and forth between the goal point. I am glad to see that you have the mongi on instant respawn at least, most people forget to do this. I don’t know why you put the spawn time to 10 seconds as well. Putting the mongi on instant respawn bypasses the whole 10, 20, 30 seconds thing. I guess it’s OCD because a lot of people seem to insist on this. I would have also increased the spawn time on the sniper to a least 150 or 180 seconds, 90 is too soon for a power weapon like the sniper rifle.

Other than those mistakes the track was pretty fun. I like the filters that you choose and the lights. It gave the track a nice effect. I would have put more barriers than you did though. You had plenty of money left. I am mostly referring to the section right after the man cannons. I fell off there a few laps. That was certainly a good spot to close in. You should fix this map up and make a V2 before everyone DL’s this tomorrow.

#17 x DREAM 76 x, Apr 8, 2009
  18. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

thanks for the criticism although I was pretty sure I put the grav lifts on instant respawn... I also put them on 10 second respawn... but I will go ahead and fix a few of those things for you lol... The filter effect and lights from your map kind of inspired mine lol becuase you're effects were awesome... I'll update the map link for DL later today once I fix the sniper spawn rate and grav lifts and I'll add a little more barriers for the man cannon part you were talking about... Thanks for the actual review though =)

19. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

Don't fix it for me, fix it for you. You claimed the track was uncheatable. I am prob the best at finding cheats on tracks. I just wanted to point out that you didn't put all the grav lifts on insatnt respawn. You can check in forge if you would like.

20. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

yes I have fixed the grav lift thing I guess I forgot that I added the other gravity lift so it was set to 3 out of 4... also I barriered the turn you said would probably need it lol... I had a couple of other friends fall off there too but I though they were just being stupid lol... So it is now a V2 but on bungie it doesn't say so... also I got myself banned on bungie so could you put some tags on the map for me like battletrack and racetrack and race map and other things like that? I'm going to get my friend to do it too sometime soon if not now lol. Thanks