Black House

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Elliot, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Elliot

Elliot BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

[​IMG]

Black House Created by Forgebook

Recommended Gametype: The Plague :viral:
    Recommended Players: 10-14

[​IMG]

I love Flood, I love it a lot. I forge Flood, I play Flood, I live Flood... So, it only seems fitting that the first map I feature aboard the Staff of Forge Hub is a Flood map! Here goes!

The key to a good Free Roam Flood map is exploration. Forgebook has done a good job at achieving this with Black House, combining it with some Holdout influences. There are many places to go in search of weapons and ammo yet the main holdout location, among lots of minor holdouts, is the large church in the centre.

The structure towers over the rocks and shacks spread across the grassy island. Players can venture into the dark belly of the church or climb to the very top, which is definitely the most favourable position. Should you choose to head up there, though, don't sit so pretty; the roof is deceivingly dangerous. Yes, you can see nearly all of the map and can snipe the oncoming enemy before they even pose a threat, but the Flood can approach you from all sides using rocks, boxes and a fallen tree. This makes it nearly impossible to keep them all at bay.

Personally, I prefer to rock out in the Warthog with a buddy or two. Traversing the edge of the map cuts your defense angle in half, plus you have good maneuverability and that mother of a turret to hold 'em off. The main danger when using the Warthog, however, is the element of surprise that the infected can have on you. Clever Flood players will use the structures strewn across the map's edge to intercept the vehicle before giving it a quick slash (or even just throwing their body in the way) to send it sailing off the edge of the map. A truly epic sight.

However you choose to play Black House, you will definitely have a fun and challenging experience. For all of you guys that tend to stick to competitive maps, give Flood a go! It is a great alternative to standard Halo that can provide hours of fun and even more so if you play maps to the standard of Black House.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Black House

Want to see a map featured? Let us know here.

#1 Elliot, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
    REMkings likes this.