Big Freeze

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Vincent Torre, Apr 26, 2013.

?

What do you think of Big Freeze?

1. Not my style

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Okay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Average

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Good

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. Great

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

[​IMG]

Big Freeze
    Created
    by Mockknizzle008 & FlyingshoeILR

Recommended Gametypes: One Flag, Dominion, Extraction, Infinity Slayer, Slayer
    Recommended Players: 12-16

Making a solid Big Team Battle forge map is one of the biggest challenges in Forging. It is difficult to combine good aesthetics with functional and engaging environments. Flying Shoe ILR and MockKnizzle008 managed to pull this off exceptionally well on their map, Big Freeze.

The combination of natural geometry and unique structures create for a varied and unique game. While not an official game type, Flying Shoe ILR has brought us a version of One Flag that really shines on Big Freeze. The downside of this is that there is no two flag variant, which is understandable due to the map’s design. The combination of Mantis and Wraith, now seen on Outcast, was originally pulled off on this map providing a very interesting engagement in which neither vehicle has an outright advantage.

Extraction and Slayer are also excellent alternatives to one flag. There are plenty of power weapons so there’s never a dull moment but not so many that players are always in possession of one.

[​IMG]
    Overall Big Freeze is an excellent map to add to your Big Team Battle customs rotation and let’s all congratulate Flying Shoe and MockKnizzle for their excellent contribution to the customs community. Please give it a download below along with their One Flag game type.*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Big Freeze

You can view the original map thread by the author here.

Want to see a map featured? Let us know here.

#1 Vincent Torre, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  2. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Did you mean to type Outcast instead of Overlook? Anyway, this map is quite old now but still worthy of a feature. Good job on creating such an epic BTB experience Shoe and Mock.

3. Dax

Dax Mhmm.

Yay for features! Yep, it's a bit old, but it definitely deserves it. Good to see this up here, congrats fellas.

4. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

certainly a bit old, but i feel like this one will never grow dull. A great map with beautiful 1-flag gameplay. Glad to see this finally got a spotlight it deserved all along.

5. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend

Awesome guys, can'y believe I finally have a feature here! Feels like a completely different life since I started forging in late Halo 3. I hope everyone keeps enjoying it, and of course making other 1-Flag CTF maps. :D

6. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

It's about time! When I saw this map while under construction I wasn't super impressed, but as soon as testing started I realized how awesome it is. This really is one of the top BTB forge maps in Halo 4 currently. The heavy vehicle balance works just as well as it does on Outcast, and this was done way earlier. One Flag plays better on here than on any other Halo 4 map currently, and Slayer and Extraction are both epic as well.

So in short, it's time for everyone to take a Big Freezer full of sammiches to Picnic Station and play some awesome BTB games.

7. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Grats shoe and mock! Really do love a nice freeze on the moon from time to time.

Anyway, if it wouldn't be a bother, feel free to put up the trailer video I made a few weeks ago for another feature you got, from a site which must not be named :D

Link

8. Elliot

Elliot BIOC

Congratulations guys! A great map, which will be forever a classic.

9. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

Best BTB map I've played in Halo 4. 100% deserved.

10. MockKnizzle008

MockKnizzle008 Ancient

Wow, I certainly wasn't expecting this... many thanks, gentlemen, I am humbled.

11. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

Congrats, one of my favorite BTB maps here. :D

12. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

#12 Vincent Torre, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  13. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

Question. Where is the option for "not my style?" The only options we have here are neutral or positive ones.. what if a terrible map gets featured?

Not to say I don't think this one's great.. :p