BFBC 2 Discushionzzz

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by B3NW, Jan 28, 2010.

1. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

That's old. I've been doing that since Goldeneye

2. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

That's old. I've been doing that since 200 BC.

Jk. But yer that method has been in many games.

3. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

That's old, I've been doing that since Galaga...

4. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

That's old. I've been doing that since Spiderman 2.

5. QKT

QKT Ancient

m60's need to be powered down.
    shotguns need to be a little more like MW2 shotguns. atm they're inconsistent.

6. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Has anyone played Conquest on Laguna Alta? That has to have the worst spawns ever. Here's a rundown of the round:

I get on the back of an ATV, and the driver proceeds to travel halfway across the map into an AT Mine. Then, by the time I had respawned, there was a Bradley and half the opposing team at the ONLY road out of our spawn. They just sat there, trapping us the entire round. By the time we could take out the Bradley, they would have another on the way. It was the most horrible experience I have ever had in a video game.

Why do they even have out of bounds in Conquest? It's not like it's going to benefit anyone that travels way the hell out there UNLESS they are getting spawn killed.

7. Hari

Hari Ancient

One could argue that that would be too much of an advantage for snipers, but the real reason is because they were too lazy.

8. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Means you would have longer load times cause the map would be bigger and it wouldn't work to have system like oblivion where players would load the map as they traversed it. Games would ultimately be severely laggy and you'd have a bunch of HLGers out there taking off in vehicles in one direction for the entire game. Boundaries keeps the action within the boundaries. It's sucks for spawn traps, but that's a fault of the game not boundaries. Other games would have you spawn in other places. But BF has a distinct advantage with squad spawn.

If one person had gotten out then people could squad spawn on him then break off to have their own squads.

EDIT: you're right about boundaries in conquest, but it's a little hard to have two different maps and same thing about load times etc..hlgers wouldnt apply to objective games

#328 rusty eagle, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  9. ShaddoBlade

Snipers aren't that valuable in Conquest. And, sure you could get a nice overview of the map from afar, but you would lose a lot of accuracy in the process.

And I understand the problem with load times. I don't seriously think there should be NO boundaries, but I think they should be a lot farther out (like, far enough that no one actually trying to capture bases would ever run into them). Confining the spawns on Laguna Alta to one road with the boundaries is completely ridiculous and makes me wonder if they even tested the game... It's a pretty obvious flaw.

#329 ShaddoBlade, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  10. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

This won't stop the MW2 kids from trying.

11. QKT

QKT Ancient

i thought they had m60s

12. ShaddoBlade

Nothing wrong with the M60 except it kicks too much ass. I fell in love with that gun. It's the only weapon to ever pull me away from my beloved Assault class, and I have been rocking that **** since the BFBC1 demo. It might have something to do with the fact that the friggin M16 isn't fully automatic. Was anyone else heartbroken by this? I switched back to he M416 almost immediately. Also, they switched up the M16/XM8 stats from BFBC1. The XM8 used to have lower damage and higher rate of fire, but now the M16 does... Lame.

Anywho, on to the question I came in here to ask: Has the sound ever cut out on any of your guys? I was playing Conquest today, and right when I got killed, the sound just disappeared. The xbox guide didn't even make sounds. The tv sound worked fine, and when I went back to the main menu, the sound kicked back on. I just thought that was odd. It might have to do with my xbox since it tends to have slowdown a LOT in Halo (like once every 2 hours), but I never experienced it any other game. Maybe if you get slowdown in BFBC2, the sound dies... idk. Thoughts?

#332 ShaddoBlade, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  13. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

The M16 isnt a full automatic weapon, so why should it be?

The M416 is real bitching though. Its like a fully automatic sniper rifle? I put on 4x scope and markmens training and I can snipe people from the lighthouse to anywhere on the ground at the second base. I like to shoot 1 shot bursts to 3-5 shot bursts, to keep it accurate.

14. ShaddoBlade

It was in BFBC1. It was just called an M16, while the one in BFBC2 is an M16A2. I didn't realize the M16A2 wasn't full auto. I wish they would have stuck with M16 or M16A3... oh, well. Now, I'm more of a team player with my Medic class, so I guess it's for the best.

#334 ShaddoBlade, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  15. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

The M16 is an automatic weapon. It was revised in the A2 to be a three-shot burst because they found that under pressure, soldiers would spray-n-pray.

And here's a source for the M16A2:
    "The action was also modified, replacing the fully-automatic setting with a three-round burst setting. When using a fully-automatic weapon, poorly trained troops often hold down the trigger and "spray" when under fire. The U.S. Army concluded that three-shot groups provide an optimum combination of ammunition conservation, accuracy and firepower. "

16. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

Shaddo, I've had the same problem with sound cutting out several times now. Sometimes it will kick back in if I go to the BC2 menu and rejoin, but other times I have to go to the dashboard or even reset my Xbox. It's kind of a pain, but not a big deal.

17. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

Good info, i always thought it was always a 3 burst semi-automatic weapon.

I seriously need a squad to play BC2 with, I only have one squad member, and he's mostly playing Just Cause 2 or not online. Does any FH members wanna squad up anytime?

18. ShaddoBlade

You can add me (Rogue Shaddo), but I am usually playing with other friends in a full squad. Just make sure you send a message saying who you are and that you want to play BFBC2 with me.

19. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

I just sent you an FR, your name is Andrew?

My name is Andrew too...

20. Mongoose

Mongoose Ancient

@Shaddo
    Knowing EA, I'm guessing it's either a connection problem with the game or a glitch on the disc like the class screen freezing when you get revived. Just a minor technical problem, I think.

V OPTICS + BRADLEY= SUPERARTILLERY OMNOM ROFL GUN
    As attackers on Arica Harbor, I use this strategy to destroy both objectives. All I need are a few ranging shots and I'm good to destroy A building and destroy B with direct hits, all from inside the safety of the attackers deployment.