Beginner's Quest

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by Squidkake, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Squidkake

Squidkake Forerunner

In my opinion, puzzle maps are the hardest maps to build. This is my first attempt at one on Reach so please, give constructive critisisms. It took a lot of testing and I think i finally made a puzzle for all groups of people: beginers -> experts. I wanted to make a sort of easier puzzle map that still poses a challenge to some, because it seems like the cool thing now is to make the "hardest puzzle". I dont like those, because quite frankly, I SUCK at puzzle maps. I wanted to make one for beginers like myself. Now here are the pics in no particular order...
    How does this man get past the "no-jump" floor?
    [​IMG]
    How does this man get past the "fusion-coil wall"? (Remember, no grenades!)
    [​IMG]
    THis jump is too big for a normal crouch jump! How do you get to the other side to get the jet-pack?
    [​IMG]
    You can't jump this high to get to the teleporter, so what do you do?
    [​IMG]
    ENJOY AND LEAVE FEEDBACK!
    And if you want to see how to solve the puzzle, DL my video to Halo.
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13258224&player=Squidkake

#1 Squidkake, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. Jesus

Jesus Ancient

Downloading now, i'll let you know what I think soon!

Edit: This is a great map for people who have never played puzzles or just want a casual challenge. I beat the map in about fifteen minutes the first time, then watched your speedrun. I "broke" the map in a couple places, but not in any way that map the map much easier. Although, I did beat your time by about a minute and a half.

Overall a short and simple challenge. Good job, and I hope to see some longer puzzles from you in the near future.

Oh, and here you can see how I dominated:
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13290291&player=JESUS

#2 Jesus, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  3. Elitearbitar

Elitearbitar Forerunner

So far, this map has been both challenging and fun. Only problem though: how do you get past the cliff to jetpack jump? The only item this wonderful puzzle map is missing is a walkthrough. I am also a beginner at puzzles and so far i have found this map challenging, but not overly complicated, leaving me perplexed but not for too long. I like it.

4. gingerninjasam

gingerninjasam Forerunner

I too had difficulty there, but then compromised the way I did the teleporter jump, and then found out the real way. This is a good map, it's just a bit short.

5. Squidkake

Squidkake Forerunner

I made this map short for two reasons: I wanted a nice, simple map for beginers and I just COULDN'T WAIT TO POST IT! lol. My favorite part about posting maps is the feedback I get so thankx to everybody who commented and remeber, if you get stuck, then watch my video. I'll work on makng a v2 (longer map)

#5 Squidkake, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  6. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

Pretty simplistic, but like you said its supposed to be. I beat in about five minutes. You could have improved the visuals throughout being that the map itself appears to take maybe $1500-$2000 of the budget (didn't look, just an assumption). Overall, for people new to solving puzzles this would be a nice intro.

Also, I beat your rock teleporter part without the golfball.