Bayonetwork.

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xBahama Boyx

xBahama Boyx Ancient

looks like it is too open, but the action pics are great, the action pcs reallllllly make the map look good.

2. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

i really cannot see how you'd find this map open, but i appreciate you checking it out.

3. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. nub

you may want to dl the maps its a very small isolatedmap with very good cover and is NOT to open but just perfect for closeand mid range fighting.

4. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

I think it was seven of us on that map earlier... That **** was crazy.

5. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

ya it was chaos at firt then it was laid back and fast paced at the sametime. i had a bunch of fun.

6. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

So did I. Even though this map isn't really made for seven of us at once. xD

7. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

haha ya. that just show show amazing it really is.. :-D now back on topic b4 we get in trouble.. great map 5/5 oh wait... i helped make it :-D yay!

8. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

Yeah. After playing this map countless times I realized how good the game play can really get. I mean, everything is placed so perfectly. Nothing over powers anything and just every once and a while you'll see a guy with a hammer running at you and swings right at your face, but at the same time another dude will snipe that hammer guy and the sniper dude will get shotgunned right in the side while you're sending the pink mist to own the shotgun-guy...thus all four of you die, but in an epic way.... and ok... maybe that doesn't happen every once and a while... but still! =P

10/10 for sure. I've reached the point that it doesn't matter to me if this gets featured or not. I still love the map more than most others. =D

#228 Nobody Worthy, Jul 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  9. Stoj

Stoj Ancient

Definite DL from me.

Looks great and looks like it'll hold up great gameplay.

10. kickbut117

kickbut117 Ancient

nice work looks nice

11. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

Congrats guys, if I'm not mistaken this is the most commented on map in the competetive section.

12. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

Really? Cool.

Anyways, I've been wondering a little how long this map actually took you to make. (Like, how many days did you take making v1)

13. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

it took me 4 days of about 7 hour shifts. then blaze fixed up some stuff.

it was probably another 5 hours accumulated from the other versions as well though.

14. Cryptokid

Cryptokid Ancient

I saw this map when it was posted a while ago but forgot to post so... Nice job Silence and Blaze this map is really cool I downloaded it as soon a soon as is saw it posted!

15. Xx BEHEM0TH xX

Xx BEHEM0TH xX Ancient

Hey this map is amazing! Your thread is both descriptive and detailed. The interlocking usage is perfect. The map looks very clean and fun to play on. It's a 5/5 for sure.

16. XxWolfy663xX

XxWolfy663xX Ancient

hey, great map
    by far my favorite map so far
    gameplay is great, aesthetics are great, all around a supreme map

should be featured

17. A SouthPark Kid

A SouthPark Kid Ancient

Hey Awsome map 5/5, very weel thought through and well written description 5/5 for Description.

18. Phoenix 032995

Phoenix 032995 Ancient

This map is the best map i have seen in a long time. 10/5

19. KratosAurion777

KratosAurion777 Ancient

This map looks really well thought out and is very aesthetically pleasing. I like the Sniper sitting on top of what I think is a door that slightly sticks out of the wall. The game-play looks pretty spectacular from the screenshots, and the map looks very clean and neat all around. 5/5.

20. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

Ahh yeah. Bayonetwork. Recently I hadn't liked some of Blaze's maps but this one turned me around. The first time I played I was very worried. It looked very small and open. But after a few more organized games it fell into place... sorta.

Looks first. Map looks good. It looked a little more collective, like all the structures were connected somehow. It was a great map in terms of vertical movement. To me it was like a miniature jungle. There were "arms" and slants and ramps and steps all over. Those are what help keep maps going. The walls looked neat, blocked off to the point where escape is impossible. I like that you enjoy utilizing the stairs.

As for gameplay, it was... fun. I mean, for 1v1 it was quite enjoyable. Jumping high to low quickly, sidestepping grenades or even Ninja jumping on someone's back from a little perch. And considering parties grow and they inevitably lead to team games... this is where things got a little sticky. I mean, I fully understand that you wanted to make this map look really cool and that uses alot of resources, I really do understand. But I'm being completely honest, I really often found myself getting destroyed immediately after spawning. And that was in Doubles, small. But I will admit aside from spawning trouble it was awesome. When you were fortunate to spawn in cover, things played well. Scrambling for the weapons, ducking and running through twists. You have got something here. I have to say I liked the weapons on the map. There is always somewhere you want to sprawl to first and achieve the higher ground. Ph and one last note for gameplay. FFA for 6...? I'd say it was only wholly enjoyable with 4... maybe 5. But 6 for this map really turns into a spam fest of spawn kills. Which actually can still be frantically fun...

Strangely enough looking back the spawns weren't a huge deal. I mean, part of the fun kinda was spawning into a live grenade and thrusting yourself behind the nearest wall and returning fire with weapon in hand. I hope you and Blaze do more collaborations in the furure. Blaze can usually make a good looking map, but you seem to do well in making up in crafting a good functioning layout. Overall to everyone... go ahead and download this =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.