Battlefield

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Mearm, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Mearm

Mearm Ancient

Battlefield

Map made by Mearm. 4-12 players.
    This map is an octagonal war zone, where mastery of long range combat comes in handy almost anywhere in the map, but don't think that means you're safe from CQB combat. When on this map, use CQB combat on the lower floors, and long range combat on the higher up floors. You'll miss your assault rifle when you're being chased down by a guy with a shotgun, just because you wanted the sniper so badly. This map supports all gametypes.

Weapons on the map include: 2 assault rifles, 2 battle rifles, a shotgun, a sniper, 2 SMGs, a magnum, 2 plasma pistols, 2 plasma rifles, a needler, a brute shot, 2 carbines, 2 maulers and a machine gun turret.

Equipment on the map includes: 6 frags, 4 plasma grenades, a bubble shield, a power drain, a trip mine, a grav lift, a regenerator and a deployable cover.

[​IMG]
    In this map, there are 2 floors of ledges on the sides of the octagon. These are good sniping spots for carbines and battle rifles, and the floor above is best for the sniper.
    [​IMG]
    When on the lower floors, watch out from above; there could be alot of bullets raining down on you if you're not careful. In the beginning of the game, race for the high ground, and if you're lucky, you can keep the enemy at bay in their own base. This map is made for at least 4-12 players.
    [​IMG]
    One of the bases. This is the attacker's base. Both bases can be told apart by looking at the roof. The defender's base is roofed with boxes, while the attacker's base is roofed with fence walls. I have tested this map and there is no way out.
    [​IMG]
    This is the defender's base, just look at the roof, like I said before. I deliberately made each of the bases different in design. In fact, The outline of the map is symmetrical, but the inside of the map is assymetrical. Speaking of assymetrical, there are a few things different in assymetrical gametypes. One is that one of the entrances to the bases is blocked by a fence wall, and a fusion coil spawns next to it on the inside. (There are 2 entrances to each base) The other difference is that a window panel spawns near the remaining entrance to help defend.
    Now for gameplay screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    There are explosives on the map, so use them to your advantage.
    [​IMG]
    Sniping is difficult when being shot at by a turret, as shown by Parune. We actually tried this shot twice, and the first time, he killed himself by deflecting the bullet off of the B-sign and right into his head. It was funny to watch. Just thought I'd put that in there for laughs.(He's probably going to kill me for this)
    [​IMG]
    The bases can be used for long range to, as surprising as that may seem.
    [​IMG]
    Wow, that must have hurt.

Credits:
    Again, this is my map. Thanks to Parune for helping take pictures even though he didn't want to. When I was doing the middle part of the map, i ran out of boxes and walls, so it doesn't have that much interlocking, aside from the walls. This is my second post so comments are appreciated.
    Here is a link to the map:
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=52892723
    (I am the one in gold and steel armor, Parune is the one in green and white.)

#1 Mearm, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
    Gollygeeanelite likes this.
  2. redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Ancient

nice map i really love it i wish i would have though of something like that it is a really good idea i have to download and look around

3. TheDarkKnight05

TheDarkKnight05 Ancient

in my opinion, the map looks really messy. There seems to be a lot of stray random stuff. Other than that, the gameplay seems like it would be fun with the different tunnels and sniping octagon. Overall, an okay map that could use some cleaning up.

4. crazyzebu

crazyzebu Ancient

Exellent work. the great layout will make for some fun gameplay. DL'ed!

=) =)

5. Mearm

Mearm Ancient

I guess it is kind of random, but I was out of supplies, and at some points it was supposed to be random. War zone.

6. The Boris Way

The Boris Way Ancient

Wow, awesome work, thanks to me. I hope some of my good forging abillity will rub off on you some day. Nice map anyways, 5/5, and downloaded.

7. Mearm

Mearm Ancient

What do you mean, I made this map. Lol

8. Boyle06

Boyle06 Ancient

well when i loooked at the normal scrrenshots i thought it was too complicated and didnt think much of it...
    then i saw the action shots... the map looks nice...
    can tell u spent alot of time on it...
    maybe try to make it FLOW better but it is pretty good stilll...
    nice layout
    the weapon layout sounds nice for the map...
    maybe try and SPRUCE the map a bit more pop more color then it would be really good
    4/5

9. AItius

AItius Ancient

this is absolutely INCREDIBLE for a first post. my only suggestions are: lower the equipment count, and get rid of a few unnecesary objects

10. SilentStrike082

SilentStrike082 Ancient

Looks good, merging is good, looks like some good gameplay 4.6/5

11. Lunches 11

Lunches 11 Ancient

this map owns very hard kudos man the combat plays out really well and strategic here cannot wait 4 mo

12. Mearm

Mearm Ancient

Thanks everybody for the comments.

13. God Of Forge

God Of Forge Ancient

I love the layout, but it could use a little more interlocking

14. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

I can't believe that I never commented on this! This map is great looking and you seemed to keep a pretty good weapon balance of about three power weapons. I like the fact that you stuck close to your map name while designing this. I'm not sure if your suggested twelve player max would work out, that seems to sound like a bit too much. If I was to extend this post far enough, I'd say that it looks sort of like one of the Metroid Prime maps. 4.8/5, a facility wouldn't require you to jump as shown in the second picture on the left hand side. That ramp should have some sort of connector.

15. Citizyn Raven

Citizyn Raven Ancient
    Banned

After seeing this post and building brawl, you are becoming one of my favorite forgers. Your work is exactly what I would try to do if I had the time or the attention span to forge this well.

Keep it up.

16. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

it looks sloppy and needs more screenshots.

17. oO KoALa Oo 671

oO KoALa Oo 671 Ancient

nice job on the map.