Battlefield 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Glasgow, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

I'd say halfway. Depends on what difficulty, the action steps up unless you're playing on hard which gets even more frustrating.

2. QKT

QKT Ancient

france mission really makes me look forward to mirror's edge 2. the architecture and the way frostbite 2's lighting works with it is astounding.

3. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

Ok coo, I'm on Normal. I haven't touched story mode in a while due to the multiplayer.

Anybody have advise on how to level up my jets? I can't ****ing kill anything because all I have are the standard machine guns and right when I'm about to blow up an enemy aircraft I get blown up by heat seekers:/
    I'm seriously considering just driving the jet to an objective and capturing it to unlock my flares.

4. pyro

pyro The Joker

Have you considered going WTC747 on the objective? I couldn't figure out how pilot a jet well with my friends sticky controller so I plowed my jet straight into the objective when I heard it was armed and got three kills.

5. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Try spotting people/vehicles on the ground and get spot assists.

6. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

Two very clever ideas, I'll try them both.

7. QKT

QKT Ancient

also help the other jet out on a kill.
    you can often cheese some points out of it.

8. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

I just maxed out the jets yesterday. The best way is to play conquest with a friend and both have jets with coordination you can disable all enemy jets and dive bomb tanks.

otherwise if u play on xbox ill help you out ;P

9. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

play on rush the A-10's cannons can kill tanks fairly easily

10. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

I appreciate it, but I usually play solo cause my daughters always sleeping and talking over live wakes her up:/

But I'll add you anyways just incase I get the chance;)

11. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Getting points with the jet can be quite tedious at first. I spend an entire match of CQ piloting them (which is surprisingly easy) and only got around 160 point. It was enjoyable as hell, but it's pretty hard to get points at first. It's easiest on Op. Firestorm (CQ) where there are 2 jets for each team. This is because it's way easier to kill flying vehicles than ground vehicles if you haven't unlocked anything yet.

I just yesterday unlocked heat seeking missiles and stealth. I haven't tried the out yet, though.

12. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

I just unlocked rocket pods. They sound amazing on paper but I haven't really killed anything with them, just disabled a few tanks. It is basically an air strike. What I have been trying to do is fly as high as possible and just slowly nose dive down shooting anything orange on my screen.

#572 Willmatic, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  13. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

No need to chat i can always give u a few call outs. Personally when i play late at night i rarely talk but that to not wake up my girlfriend... I wont be offended if your not answering my every comment :)

P.S. I feel the rocket pods are really good if you can get a angle on a tank from far away and switch to your MG to clean up the kill but otherwise. Endgame Heat seekers are still the best. (A really good Helicopter pilot can really mess up a jet and this Heat Seekers counter them well)

P.S.S. People need to bother me to finish this How to Jet tutorial i been working on. Im just too lazy to sit down and edit... i been practicing Heat Seeker dodging without Flares... im 3 out of 5 on it

#573 Vicious Vice, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  14. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

What I try to do is hit the afterburner and do a loop de loop. I have yet to be hit in this method.

15. pyro

pyro The Joker

I've seen people fly jets flat and low and just dip down and unload when they see an enemy then pull back up and continue skimming treetops. It appears to take some insane reaction time and pilot skills but I imagine it's incredibly effective. Missiles seem to screw up when they get near the ground just like in real life.

16. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

I rage when I crash into a street lamp or a pole.

17. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

So after over literally two hours of playtime in jets and still not a single kill, I decided to go with the objective capture method. So I spawn on the US side on Caspian Border and spam the a button in hopes of grabbing the last Hornet and luckily succeed. I then repeatedly tap the trigger and make my way up the highway to the objective. I manage to neutralize and capture it awarding me with flares. Happy day:) Now hopefully I can survive longer in the sir;)

18. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Ive given up with jets. Just trying to unlock the MASS shotgun at the moment so I can rock an Assault Rifle and shotgun with flechette at the same time.

19. ChronoTempest

ChronoTempest Senior Member

It's really not that difficult to gun down chopper or even a jet if you're starting out. In fact, it's often preferable to heat-seekers because there is no easy way to avoid the bullets. Just make sure to find the control layout that works best for you, and have friends spot the aircraft if you can't see them on your own.

20. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

Ok I just unlocked heat seekers, how the hell do I use them? I get lock on them and press Y but nothing happens..