Battlefield 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Glasgow, Feb 4, 2011.

1. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get a second code from work?
    And if you give me the Beta Code, I'll play with you

I fixed my email, but I can't find the beta code, was it with the EA account?
    If so, then I could still use that code

B-B-B-B-B-B-BETA KEY!

#201 pinohkio, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. availablemoth

availablemoth Forerunner

Did you just get your beta Key four hours ago? If so that really sucks, I was fortunate enough to get it about 12 hours ago.

3. Security

Security Ancient

So, how is it?

4. availablemoth

availablemoth Forerunner

Pretty freaking sick, but it also has a lot of glitches. There are several places on the maps where you can go all the way under the map :( Gameplay is great though, and weapons seem pretty balanced. Kinda wish they would have chosen a lvl that had vehicles , but all in all I am very happy with it!

Edit:

Does anyone know why the M16 can only be used by the attackers? Not sure if this is a beta thing or not. If it is not, I really don't care for that much!

#204 availablemoth, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  5. Security

Security Ancient

Maybe its a faction thing, where only the Americans can use it.

6. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

That's right. Just like in Bad Company 1, certain weapons are only available with individual factions. Americans for example get the M16, while the opposing faction will receive an equal but different weapon. This remains constant until the player has reached the highest stage with that particular class and from then on they are able to use any gun relating to that particular kit.

7. availablemoth

availablemoth Forerunner

Ya I figured it was a faction thing, but I honestly don't feel like the AK74M is equal to the M16A3. M16A3 has far better medium to long range, you might as well not even shoot at someone from that distance with the AK. Just my opinion though. As for the last part of your post. So what you are saying is eventually I can use the M16A3 on defending? I guess I have a bad memory, because I don't remember being able to do that in BC1

8. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Also, the attachments for the respective guns don not carry over across factions

9. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

The guns in BC1 weren't exactly equal either. For example, the M24 could kill in one shot, but the other faction's "equivalent" could not. I don't know that they need to be the same. It gives you a chance to play a different style and keeps things interesting. Idk about you, but in BC2, I used the same guns for each class every time. Having to change every round can alter the attachments you choose to use and the way you play, even if ever so slightly.

Can't wait to play the beta tomorrow!

10. availablemoth

availablemoth Forerunner

Honestly, in BC2 I used a wide range of weapons depending on the situation. Anyways, does anyone know where you can officially report bugs in the game? I have a very long list of things that need to be noted.

11. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

Christ, will the open beta be available to the 360 and PS3 at midnight, Sep 29, or will I have to wait until mid-day sometime?

12. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I have to wait until the 30th for me because Australian time is way ahead of American. :(

13. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Between 8am and 4pm probably, the pre-beta came out while I was at school, so it depends on your timezone

14. availablemoth

availablemoth Forerunner

I had the Closed beta by 10am Central standard time. I would expect the open beta to start within a few hours of that time.

15. ChronoTempest

ChronoTempest Senior Member

It's already up. Squads don't seem to hold together when you join a game, and there are some bugs, but it's fun so far. Movement with the left stick is sensitive, though, so you better have a new controller.

16. availablemoth

availablemoth Forerunner

HAHA I forgot today was thursday...I'm surprised they are not having trouble with the servers!!

17. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

The SKS with 4x optics, a bipod and a silencer is the best gun I've seen yet, two shot kill, semi auto and accurate as hell.

18. Security

Security Ancient

I ****ing love this! I was only able to play a few rounds before the servers crapped out, but the little bit I did play was awesome. Anybody want to squad up when the servers start working again?

19. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Depending on whenever that is, yes.

20. Ticky

Ticky Forerunner

Does any one have a clue to when the servers will be back up.