Battle for the Banner

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by MyzticStrike, Mar 13, 2008.

1. MyzticStrike

MyzticStrike Ancient

Map:Battle for the Banner

=========================

Link:Click Here

=========================

Screenshots: (sorry about sizes)

Attackers Base Overview
    [​IMG]

Defenders Base overview
    [​IMG]

Base Bunker (they are identical on both sides)
    [​IMG]

Bottom View of Wall
    [​IMG]

View of Wall from Defenders Side
    [​IMG]

CatWalk
    [​IMG]

Catwalk Bunker View
    [​IMG]
    ======================

Additional information Supports Slayer, Team Slayer, and CTF. Made for CTF. Works best with 4-16 People. It has Camo/Overshield, and Weapons have been spread out across the map, as even/equal as I possibly could.
    Author:KJI Myztic (myself)
    I Hope you check this out, because I put about 2 days into it (not straight of course) which sums up to about 8-10 hours of work. Also, on Bungie.net my maps always get "bumped down" or "Neglected" or "Ignored" So I hope you guys can give me some feedback/tips/comments!

-Thanks.

2. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

As a map maker myself, I know how much it hurts to see your map have no posts.

This map looks really great. I can see a lot of good gameplay. The main problem is the dividing wall; it's been done to death.

3. Yekkou

Yekkou Yellow, but with "kk"s

Nice looking map dude. You have suceeded in what i could not do... that freakin "mesh objects with map geometry" thing ugh... i could never do that. Anyways awesome, looks like it would be fun to play with a lot of people. The bunkers are also a nice touch but can you shoot across to the other bunker? =D

4. MyzticStrike

MyzticStrike Ancient

Yes and No. You can't shoot to the other side during Capture the flag (by the bunkers) because I made the Wall appear on Asymmetrical Maps, which means it spawns during One Flag CTF etc. (so there is no Cheapness. But during slayer etc, there is no wall, so you can do an all-out Sniper Battle, with some/little protection from Window panels. I hope you guys enjoy, and please give some suggestions!

(and yea I know, the Objects merging with Map Geometry isn't the funnest thing in the world :squirrel_nono: )

5. MyzticStrike

MyzticStrike Ancient

Can anyone else please give suggestions/comments on my map?

-Thankss