Batman Discussion (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Insane54, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I couldn't agree with that statement more.

Nolan did a phenominal job making this film more about the characters and less about the "action"....even though the action scenes were amazing. Have you noticed that people are talking more about the plot/acting than the action scenes? Has a blockbuster action film ever done that?

Pirates likes this.
  2. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

The thing with action movies is that they go so FAST. Its really hard to talk about 'batman's fight moves' because the movies going so fast. I think thats why we dont see much about action. In a movie like Star Wars, the sabers have a trail on them on purpose, so you can follow them easily. It make the action scenes much easier to watch than, say, a kung fu movie, where all you see is blurs of hands and feet.

3. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

very true... i hate how a lot of action movie's fight scenes are going soo fast and they have quick camera angle changes. You can hardly tell whats going on and who's punching who like that... i found that the action scenes in this movie were fabulous, and i could always tell what was going on and who was punching who.

My favorite quote from the movie:

"Do you know how i got this scar?"
    "No, but i know how you got this one"

Hardly an action scene but a couple of words have a huge impact and add that "awesome factor"

4. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

Yeah in most action movies nowadays, the camera is constantly shaking while the actors are fighting. Its so that the punches dont have to look as real. But Batman's fight scene cant really last all that long because Batman generally only needs that one punch. Batman isnt really a fighting movie though.

5. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

I was thinking about this, and they could make the next movie with Poison Ivy or Catwoman. Bruce just lost his love interest, so they could introduce a female antagonist.

6. Tex

Tex Ancient

Oh gawd...

I mentioned something about that earlier in my post.

Except I neglected to mention Catwoman.

They really need to have a new one. With one of the two, they would be so sexy =X

7. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

Harley Quinn could work.
    [​IMG]

8. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ancient

I would like to add something to this and say, I really want an actor to try to do the Joker's laugh... Heath did it perfectly.

Also as for another villain, I know tons of them like everyone else. Examples are Two Face (did say he died though. He had a funeral), Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Ivy, Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Bane, League of Assassins, Clay Face, and I can't think of any more...

#108 Juggernaut, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  9. Pirates

Pirates Ancient

I like never see movies, but I actually went to this one, it looked good- and just like everyone, I LOVED Ledger's preformance, the habits, the actually knowing what he was doing, everything was awesome, gonna see it again soon XD
    btw-my mouth is sore from gobstoppers

10. DrawingMan

DrawingMan Ancient

Harley Quinn should be in the next one, she could be the one who rescues Joker from jail or something. Who would play her well though.....also, seeing how these villains are a tad bit more realistic, shed prolly look as much as a bum as The Joker looked like, or resemble a Crackwhore haha. idk.

<<<<<------ P.S. Thats How I roll

11. brandomansuit

brandomansuit Ancient

batman was probably the best movie i have ever seen including Ledger because that was some of the best acting i have ever seen

12. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I feel that the Joker motif is/should be completely finished up with with the end of the second movie, and that the third will have a villain almost completely unrelated to the theme of Dark Knight, White Knight, and anarchy.

<<<<<------ P.S. Thats How I roll

VVVVVV Also How I roll VVVVVV​

#112 Nemihara, Jul 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
    The God of Grunge likes this.
  13. J A Y

J A Y Ancient

Yeah I would like a new face for a villain. But it must stay in the theme of dark and spooky.

14. The God of Grunge

Banned

The Joker Stalin made me lol. + rep

15. Agamer

Agamer Ancient

I saw it on Friday and now I am going to go see it again with my friend in an hour. I got free tickets to any movie becuase while I was sitting there with a friend and my dad and brother the fire alarm went off during the first 30 minutes. So in the end I got 4 free tickets and saw the rest of the movie.

16. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

That has to be my favorite part of the film, hands down. I was on the edge of my seat that whole time. Very disturbing, very amazing.

17. superguh007

superguh007 Ancient

I saw the 12:30 showing. It was freaking amazing, like everyone said, and I honestly think that Heath will break the "no Oscars for action movies" mold. I loved the part when he was talking to the police officer and he mouthes "ten." The hospital part was great too. His little mannerisms as he's walking out of the hospital totally captured the character.

As for the sequel, I read an article in the newspaper about the possibilities. The article suggests Angela Jolie as Catwoman, which I think is actually pretty likely (although maybe not Jolie). I know in several of the previous Batman incarnations Catwoman has flip-flopped between evil and good roles, at times even working alongside Batman. Since Batman is running from the cops for now, Catwoman's moral ambiguity makes sense: she would make a good foil for Batman's internal struggles while she's into petty thievery and maybe eventually end up fighting alongside him near the end of a sequel. Plus, as others said the series is now missing its female lead. Not to mention the line about whether Batman's new armor works against cats.

Of course, Catwoman isn't really a major threat to Batman. Which means there has to be another villain (or at least problem). Apparently Nolan doesn't want to include any villains that have overly sci-fi or supernatural origins. According to the article I read, that rules out Bane. But I don't think it does. The Venom injection system seems completely realistic to me, especially when compared to the toxin from BB. As long as they move away from the thuggish, lucha libre versions of Bane and more towards the intelligent version, I think he could be exactly the kind of destructive force necessary to bring Batman back into a hero role.

Insane54 likes this.
  18. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

Wow...that was a nice dissection of that...+rep.

IMO, I can see a Batman vs. himself kind of deal, even though I dont really want to. It seems everyone's following a pattern of man vs himself and man vs a major company or police (Bourne series, new James Bond, etc)...it can be good, but it seems kind of overdone.

19. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

I will make this pencil disappear!

I would love to see Poison Ivy in one of the next batman movies, or maybe even the The Penguin.

#119 Chipsinabox, Jul 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  20. l 1337 Hax0r l

l 1337 Hax0r l Ancient

I'm sad that the heath ledger passed. He could have done so much for the bat man movies.