Foundry Bastion

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Shock Theta, Jun 1, 2008.

1. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

It's a definite DL for me. Even if it looked like this map sucked, the sheer time it took to make it and the post requires me to DL. I could never make anyone do that for nothing. But, it doesn't suck, it looks amazing. Great job.

2. Pirates

Pirates Ancient

Good Map, Id like to see rusty's version though, just to compare

3. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Thank you. There are two separate 5 minute switches for each tower, operating on the same timers, and there are two dumpster doors as pillars either side of the centre ring, so four switches in total.

I have heard of them, yes, and I know what they're about. I've looked around the forums a little and so on, part of the job so to speak. As for becoming a member I'm not hugely motivated to pursue it, but I will be checking in and seeing what's going on over there every so often.

I'm glad the initial look of the map appeals to you, and I'm looking forward to rusty's version too. It's looking cool.

Thanks, as above I'm psyched too.

You're a fine gentleman, that you are.

4. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

Shock you released it at last, great map I recall the Ducks were playing it a while ago and totally owned you at your own map lol we had great fun playing it and I will be downloading.

5. Matty

Matty Ancient

PicZ Arr Tou Smahll Seyz Dukk Tr33

Playing some of the testing games on this was phenominal. It is a rare occasion where i can say a map is improved by the use of mechanisms, because so many maps phail with them. But this one does. It adds so much depth and character, you not only have to decide where to go by where is safe, but by where you can actually go at the time. You really displayed your dedication here Shock.

6. Tex

Tex Ancient

oooo shock creates another goodie, haz to download, and the video was great, good job chronnie, also this haz some new original features in it, which I'm very pleased to see, also, GREAT DESCRIPTION if only we could see that more often around here...

7. CASHnDASH

CASHnDASH Ancient

Looks very well done... I'll be checking this out and reporting back tomorrow.

8. Markkus

Markkus Ancient

Sweet Map, might give it a download.

9. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

I love the switch implementation. As mentioned by other people, its rare to see such as mechanism that so drastically can alter gameplay. Its usual purpose is purely aesthetic.

The idea of having a teleporter flip locations / areas that are only accessible after a certain portion of the game is one which i had thought about myself, but had never put into practice (due to laziness and procrastination).

I had written a big essay here, but it was totally breaching out of topic going into random ideas and discussions on gameplay effects etc ... thus i deleted it and will simply say that it looks like you've just separated yourself as the cream from the milk once again :p

10. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

*Forge-gasm*
    OMG, looks so godly. I love you.

11. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

Another wonderful looking map, Shock. I'll dl and give a more detailed report later. One thing I'd like to know is the weapon information.

12. Running Chron

Running Chron Ancient

A wonderous creation shock, and the video wasn't half bad either if I do say so myself, lolz. Anyways if you haven't checked this map out yet I suggest that you do so, you wont be disappointed..

13. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Wow, that's a nice compliment. Shame you deleted your essay though, I would have been interested to read it.

Hugely glad you think so, and thank you, a lot. I really want to see more complex development of gameplay mechanics in other community maps, and luckily I think this is where a few people are going to be going in the near future.

Thanks, I look forward to your feedback later. I'll add a weapon list to the first post for you.

I personally love the video and I'm thrilled you took the time to put it together. You rock.

14. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

And the sock monkey flexed his forging muscles and there was shivers of fear through every forger in the land....lol

Map looks amazing DL'ing now and will edit later with a secksy reviewz

15. Killamanjaro123

Killamanjaro123 Ancient

16. TheRagingBeast

TheRagingBeast Ancient

nice job shock, i played this long time ago when i dl from ur fileshare (i stock u :p) no jk, but its really cool map. cant wait for star wars maps

17. schmidget

schmidget Ancient

Damn dude this is insnane! Some of the best I've seen yet!

18. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

wow this map has great asthetics, interlocking, gameplay and everythjing else a good map needs. so basically shock theta=insane map case closed

19. RougeHelljumper

RougeHelljumper Ancient

Must've been pretty difficult! But, bottom line: excellent job!
    You deserve it! =)

20. Shedo

Shedo Ancient

Looks really good. i like it. You got my download :D