Bases/Forts

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Reap3r157, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Reap3r157

Reap3r157 Ancient

A symmetrical map that is good for team slayer and CTF both of which work on default.

Bases
    Both bases are 3 stories. on the second story is a turret over the entrance and on the third story is a carbine. the bases also have three vehicles 1 regular warthog, 1 gauss hog, and a mongose. There is also a second entrance that brings you to a brute shot.

Divider
    The divider is consisted of single open boxes, single closed boxes and barriers. in all the open boxes is a weapon and in the very center a shotgun. At the ends of the divider is a sword and a sniper tower that overlooks both bases extremly well.

Hallway and sub bases
    In the center of the hall way is a spartan laser with a bubble shield, 2spike grenades, and 2 spikers right outside. On the ends of the hall way is a plasma rifle. Outside the hallway is the sub bases one for each main base. on the floor is a rocket and on the top is a battle rifle and a carbine.

Hope this description is better. as for the name i just need to think of somethin creative.

Download here

Please leave comments, suggestions, and reviews. thank you.

[​IMG]a base
    [​IMG]the center divider and sword
    [​IMG]the sniper tower
    [​IMG]hallway

2. Mysterious D

Mysterious D Ancient

None of your screen shots are being found. Is this just my Internet, or is it saying this for everyone?

3. Nate the Gate

Nate the Gate Ancient

No they aren't showing, either the screenshots were deleted or the directory is wrong. I suggest rather than linking to them on Bnet, downloading them then using www.freeimagehosting.net to get them on the internet then copy the urls provided.

4. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

Suggestions: fix the links, change the map name, and get a better description.

Until then, I can't really offer any sounds advice or feedback...=/

5. Reap3r157

Reap3r157 Ancient

k its happenin to me too stupid things they worked when i first put em up

6. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

As someone suggested earlier, it's always best to upload them to ImageShack or PhotoBucket. That way, it's always reliable.

7. Reap3r157

Reap3r157 Ancient

k thanks for the site

8. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

Your map makes me cry :(

Theres so much you can do with Foundry, I would encourage you to consider this when making your next map. Thanks.

9. fluidmonolith

fluidmonolith Ancient

(1) This map is really open...If you have more budget, it would probably be a good idea to decorate with barrels, roadblocks, whatever suits your fancy.

(2) I've seen tons of fort maps on Foundy, as it's blocky and highly modular nature contribute well to this. Unfortunately, that means another fort map is not that original and will have a lot of competition. I see a lot of comments on other map threads stressing the importance of originality, since Foundry has been around for a while and a lot has been done with it. I would take a look at what's been done and see if you can modify your map in such a way as to make it stand out from the other Foundry maps.

Hope this helps.