Sandbox Barricaded

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Badbrad141, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Badbrad141

Badbrad141 Ancient

Barricaded

Desciption: Deep in the barren wasteland, not all secrets are revealed but don't forget your rifle. 4-10 players

Works well with Slayer and Team Slayer

Hello Forgehub im new to forgehub and this is my first sandbox map i have been working on but i'm working on more. But here's Barricaded

Blue Base

[​IMG]

Blue Back Side & Ctf Corner Tunnel ​

[​IMG]

Red Base​

[​IMG]

Side Back of Red Base & Ctf Corner Tunnel​

[​IMG]

Block Middle​

[​IMG]

OverShield​

[​IMG]

Barricade V1.1 is done and on my file share but thanks for all that rated my map and said it was decent. But look out for me im in the process of making and learning more on merging and interlocking for future neat maps. Thanks all.​

Hope you enjoy my final updated verison of Barricaded hope it plays better without the mongooses.​

Edit: V1.1 isnt V2 it just an update on the original map without merging or interlocking. Its just fixes of gameplay of the map. Hope it won't confuse you.​

Download Link:​

Back to forging

#1 Badbrad141, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. Plasma Blades

Plasma Blades Ancient

This looks like a really nice map and the forging looks pretty good. It looks like there's enough cover, but possibly too much to the point where driving the mongoose becomes difficult?The corner tunnel is a nice idea, as it gives people somewhere to hide. It looks like this map is mostly symmetrical, so it would probably help if the barricade above the oversheild id turned inwards towards the shotgun, as opposed to just giving cover to those who are attacking the red base. Other than that it looks like a really nice map, and welcome to ForgeHub =D

3. spazmonkey92

spazmonkey92 Ancient

for your first map this doesnt look bad, but the bases look kind of plain, and the wall corners look like you can get stuck in there.

overall anok map needs interloocking though 3.5/5

4. Badbrad141

Badbrad141 Ancient

Well thanks for the post, well for the mongoose you can drive through anywhere but yes you can get stuck thats true, thanks for the help didnt know what to do with the barricade on top of OS but i will update it and fix some areas for the mongoose and so its not so difficult but i can do better. But as always thanks for your feedback.

#4 Badbrad141, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  5. Royal Bloodbath

Royal Bloodbath Ancient

looks cool and neat but i dont see merging not any astetices sorry for spelling but i see how it would be ok for team slayer but not for any thing else this is your first map so i can expect some thing like this but good first map NOTE ; Watch the video BWO movie comeing out next week i was in it its on ''ooohemgeeeFTW''s you tube channel

6. Apple s4uc3

Apple s4uc3 Ancient

For your first map its nice it was better then my first map.It looks clean but u could of put more gametypes but the map is nice.

7. Beefi

Beefi Ancient

Hey Welcome to forgehub its great to see such a talented new member. Your map looks good for a first post although as Royal Bloodbath pointed out there is not merging, which granted isnt a bad thing always, but there some features of this map that could help aesthetics and gameplay with merging, looks ok for slayer and maby CTF but i would say not much more. For a version 2 i would say try and introduce merging into it and maby even a second floor to the bases.

Great first post ill be keeping an eye on you because you look like you could do great things in the future 6 out of 10 stars.

P.S heres a link to a great tutorial on how to merge: Bl00d F1e3's Forge School, i didnt make it obviously :p

#7 Beefi, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  8. Badbrad141

Badbrad141 Ancient

Thanks but i know how to merge i just didnt feel like merging but that's what everyone says Merging is the key to a good clean map im in the process working merging the bases but everything else is the surprise part but in the meantime patience is the key.

9. Beefi

Beefi Ancient

Well great PM me when you finish it because it love to take a look, but if you havent already i would watch that guys Forge School series, it'll teach you stuff that could be very usfull later in your forging career