Barrel Blaster

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by TrueDarkFusion, Jan 8, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

5.9%
  5. 5

94.1%
  1. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Barrel Blaster
    Created by rusty eagle

[JUSTIFY]This map is for those that love fun games and laughing their heads off.

Barrel Blaster features a unique and original idea. The basic outlay of the map is a platform and flying dumpsters, wirespools, and barrels, set up for infection as well as king of the hill. In either gametype you're bound to have your teeth knocked out by the brute force velocity of flying dumpsters and wirespools.

In the infection version humans have to dodge crap in order to stay on the platform and not get knocked off into the zombies. In the KoTH version, up to four teams take the hill, only to be cut down by bullet fire (and of course dumpsters). This map is a perfection of the map Crate Frenzy.[/JUSTIFY]

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=IIMmkI1_680[/ame]

#1 TrueDarkFusion, Jan 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. Ty

Ty Guest

This game is a pretty darn fun game. It's hilarious watching a dumpster smash into someone and take them down a notch ... lol.
    Great game Rusty, love it!

3. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Rusty you know I love this map. :)

Also I've been changing news posting format slightly concerning links. Do you guys like the changes?

4. Ty

Ty Guest

Do you mean the bold type for the links? Because if so, they seem to stand out pretty well.

5. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

The video was hilarious and I loved the choice of music. I'm a big KOTH fan (seeing as how the only map I've posted here is of that gametype) and it looks like a blast. Looking forward to playing it.

6. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

this looked like so much fun before watching the video. this is brilliant, it would make for a good game even without barrels taking people out.

but they make it so much better!

i also noticed you could use the dumpsters that stay on stage as cover from enemy fire. awesome.

7. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

I noticed this too, but it happens that the way the dumpster lands is like the roll of a die. It is a completley random and lucky event, but it just adds another level of gameplay.

Side note - Please comment and rate on bungie.net, good or bad

8. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

I am really glad this finally got published. It is a very good map and loads of fun. Cant wait to play it with a whole bunch of people (Hopefully at TGIFD)

-Donuts

9. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Crate Frenzy was pretty cool, but felt unfinished. Barrel Blaster seems to be a major update, it looks like you fixed it, and then some. I'll be sure to try this one out as soon as possible. Looks really good.

10. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Hands down, this is The map that i've had the most fun with. Nothing beats when you're about to shotgun your opponent in the face just to see him get totaled by a truck ;D. We just finished a game and during it I was seriously rolling on the floor laughing.

Excellent work on this one! Please keep 'em coming :).

11. Romath

Romath Ancient

Very nice map, I had thought of an idea like the crate's flying at you, at one time. Except I'm glad I didn't since you made one already. Looks really fun by the images, keep the good work up!

12. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

"Aarp Aarp Aarp" some betatesters of crate frenzy should remember that....

13. Trickmyster

Trickmyster Ancient

Excellent map rusty, way to make a great first impression!

14. Spartan 906

Spartan 906 Ancient

Man, i had a idea like this, but i could never get it to work, thx for doing it for me :p

15. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

No problem man, Somebody figured out a way out of the map, which can only be done on the KoTH version which makes your team lose. The guy happened to be on my team and we lost, lol.

16. BetaWaffle

BetaWaffle Guest

This is a really fun map. I remember back when you first make crate frenzy, I was one of the first testers and I just loved it from the start.

17. Bones less

Bones less Ancient

OMG! the infection gametype for this map was a blast.

As you guaranteed me and my friends were laughing our heads off.

Some of the most fun I've had on Halo 3.

Thanks a bunch =)

18. A Nasty Fresh

A Nasty Fresh Ancient

I don't really understand the concept. Is it just like theres a platform that the humans stay on (if your playing infection) and the zombies shoot up and attack them, or what?

19. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Well if you watch the youtube video it should really explain that part for you. The video show the king of the hill varient of the map. In the infection version, the map becomes very bare, it is the goal of the humans to stay on the platform where it is safest. The catch is that objects like dumpsters and giant spools will fly across the platfrom at high speed knocking the humans off. Then the zombies kill them once they are knocked off. Do you get it now?

20. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

i had so much playing this my friends. i love when ur about to die nd then a dumpster kills the guy shooting u.