Sandbox Bandicoot

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by ABigDumbOgre, Oct 28, 2009.

1. ABigDumbOgre

ABigDumbOgre Ancient

Bandicoot Version Reborn

Download Link

Story:

Bandicoot vRB all started off when one of my friends proposed that I use the new map Sandbox as well as my improved forging skills to remake one of my older maps. After looking back at my first ever map, I knew that I could improve on it greatly. So leaving foundry behind, I began remaking the map that introduced me to forge, and the result was better than I could have imagined.

Game types:
    King of the Hill

The default King of the Hill works great, I would recommend playing 2v2 crazy king or even 2-6 player Crazy King. I have to mention though, the map plays better with 4 players (free for all or 2v2) or less than it does with 6 players. If playing with 6 at all, I suggest 3v3 instead of a free for all.

Slayer
    The default gametype works here best too, but I suggest changing the start from AR/Magnum to either BR/SMG or BR/AR. The map plays better that way. As for specifics, 1v1 works great on this map, and like KotH it supports 6 players. With 6 players, I recommend 3v3 only. 2v2 or 4 player FFA work well too.

Weapons on the map:

Battle Rifle - 10 on map / 2 spare clips / 10 second respawn
    SMG - 2 on map / 2 spare clips / 20 second respawn
    Sniper Rifle - 1 on map / 1 spare clip / 90 second respawn
    Needler - 2 on map / 1 spare clip / 90 second respawn
    Mauler - 2 on map / 1 spare clip / 45 second respawn

Frag Grenade - 8 on map / 10 second respawn
    Plasma Grenade - 10 on map / 20 second respawn

Regenerator - 1 on map / 120 second respawn
    Bubble Shield - 1 on map / 120 Second respawn
    Invisibility - 1 on map / 120 second respawn / Spawn at start: NO

Screen shots:

Map Overview
    [​IMG]

You can see the middle structure and the red side from this view. The map is symmetrical, red and blue sides are the same.

Red Base (Same as Blue)
    [​IMG]

You can see the Red Spawn, Red Flats and Red Corner in this picture. The Mauler spawns in the tube corner with some plasmas, and a needler spawns on top.

View of the Middle
    [​IMG]

The three levels in the middle. On the bottom, there are fins that you can jump on and quickly use to get to the top. The sniper also spawns on the bottom. The top level has a height advantage, but less cover. Invis spawns on the third level above the hole.

Side View of the Levels in the Middle
    [​IMG]

You can see on of the jump fins in this picture. On the second level of the middle bridge, SMGs spawn at either end.

One of the Side Ramps, and a Sticky Platform
    [​IMG]

Two corners on the map have winding ramps that you can use to get from the ground floor to the top level quickly. Players also spawn on the ground behind the ramp, and have easy access to a SMG. The top platform is used to view the map and jump to the top level of the middle bridge, or ambush unsuspecitng players on lower levels.

View From Ramp to Middle
    [​IMG]

Looking out gorund level from one of the ramps, you can see the middle and also merged tube pieces. Each side has one, in one the Bubble Shield spawns and in the other the Regenerator.

Looking Out From 3rd Level Bases
    [​IMG]

At either end of the 3rd level, a Y tube piece is merged in that acts as cover/spawns. Don't linger too long here, as grenades can be lethal.

Well there you have it, my map Bandicoot vRB. I would like to hear what FH has to say, all feedback is appreciated.

Download Bandicoot

2. pyro

pyro The Joker

I know it is a bit better than this, but I get the feel that I am just playing in a giant box. You might think of expanding a bit more into the outside of the box. Still good forging and aesthetics, but is just needs a bit more to the map.

3. Meltyourtv

Meltyourtv Ancient

This map looks very well, but what troubles me is this:
    [​IMG]
    You just have too many BRs. Only 2 are needed, not 4. I mean, I love BRs, but what I commonly see in maps is a lot of BRs, and no ARs. You have to have weapons for both, since they both are defaults. Other than that, the map looks very nice. The middle bridge is very nicely designed, and the layout itself looks unique and to play well.

4. XxBurkiexX

XxBurkiexX Ancient

It looks good. I like the ideas with the bridge. I cant get a real feel for the map though since theres not much of an overview.

5. Souperintendent

Souperintendent Ancient

Crash? Aw :(

Oh well. very nice map! I especially like the catwalks in the center. The Half-Wall thing is genious.

6. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

Agreed there is 4 br in one spot and your interlocking is very nice im still learn geo with sandbox is there is any who has a link with ghost merging i would like one.

The map has a real big box feel to it, that doesent mean it's bad just expand on your forging

7. DabilahroNinja

DabilahroNinja Ancient

There are way too many BRs next to each other, you only really need one in the areas they are in. Otherwise, nice map. I like the side ramps, but could you jump from middle to them?

8. ABigDumbOgre

ABigDumbOgre Ancient

You can jump from the top bridge to the platform sticking out from the side ramps, or you can jump down and land virtually at the foot of the ramp.

As for the BRs, I didn't actually realize how many I had in an area until you guys pointed it out. Changing that up and adding oddball are definetly on my list of things to do. I would also like to ask to those who have played the map, does anybody have any more suggestions for a wider range of weapons, or is it fine as is?