Axol v.01

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by L337 rebel, Dec 1, 2012.

1. L337 rebel

L337 rebel Forerunner

AXOL

Created by Rudolphin

To Download: Start--> FileBrowser--> Map Variants--> Fileshare Search --> Rudolphin--> Axol v.01

This map was formed from a late night of Archer and exploration with forge. I was messing around with everything and by the time I was done I thought that this map was actually quite nice. I ran into a couple mistakes here and there and decided to just stick with my creation.

This is my first time and I have noticed that the map is a little off, one side is smaller than the other and the other side is wider. I tried to balance it out by eliminating the paths to compensate for the length of the map. I tried to make this map as symmetrical as possible, but due to the area I used it somewhat is off.

I made this map mostly for either CTF or slayer I am not sure if the map is large enough for either, but i feel this map can have more gametypes. I haven't been able to play test this map. [I don't have friends that play H4 :(]

Criticism is more than welcomed and hopefully I can make this map something even better.

Gametypes
    TS
    CTF

Weapons
    Rockets
    UNSC Sniper

Video

Pictures
    Blue Base
    [​IMG]

Red Base
    [​IMG]

Blue/Red Sniper
    [​IMG]

Red Hill
    [​IMG]

Blue Rocks
    [​IMG]

Blue/ Red lift to sniper
    [​IMG]

Middle/Rockets
    [​IMG]

I've been trying to find people to play this map with me, but its hard with little friends. I defiantly want to see this map become something better, and I know I can do it as long as I get the help.

Thank you

2. thegaykid7

thegaykid7 Forerunner

I have a couple of projects due early next week, but once those are out of the way I'd be happy to help playtest this if you needed some help with that.

As you mentioned the size of the map could be an issue. IMO it does seem a little bit small for CTF, and combined with a lot of open sightlines across the map, its probably too small for 5v5 and 4v4 slayer as well (but I could be wrong obviously). Regardless, I like the design and feel of the map. The blue rocks do seem a little out of place though with regard to the rest of the map in the way they're constructed, and it seems like some may have trouble moving up them.

Considering that this was your first time really experimenting with forge and you had no real plans for it going in, I'd say you've done a pretty good job.

3. L337 rebel

L337 rebel Forerunner

I have noticed that when I look back at the map, Blue rocks does seem like it shouldn't be there. From some of the feedback I have been receiving it seems I might have to restart. One question though to who ever reads this next.

When trying to make an arena map for CTF and Slayer 4v4 or 5v5 how many grids do you use? I used one as my template because it seemed to take some time to run the full size of the grid from one side to the other.