Avalanche

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Pegasi, May 6, 2011.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

4.6%
  2. Okay

3.4%
  3. Average

2.3%
  4. Good

24.1%
  5. Great

65.5%
  1. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Avalanche
    Created by Darth Human

Recommended Gametypes: Insane DK
    Recommended Players: 1-16

Have you ever been sitting there, watching Raiders of the Lost Ark, and wondered what would have happened if Indy had grown a pair, turned round and faced that rock like a man? Have you pondered the possibility of over a hundred rocks instead of just one? Have you toyed with the notion of grotesquely over-sized golf balls rather than mere rocks, and Dr. Jones armed with a similarly gargantuan golf club in place of his trusty whip? If the answer to all (or any) of the above is "yes", then you should probably consult some manner of mental health professional in the near future. Not, however, before loading up Darth Human's Avalanche and living that dream you've never quite been able to admit to having.

Darth's ingenious use of the new Haloball gametype pits the player against a torrent of tumbling golf balls under the guidance of their good friend, gravity. Don't let their cheerful, pocked exteriors fool you though, these guys mean business, one false step and you'll be sorry. However, kind fellow that he is, Human has provided players with a selection of loadouts to aid in their [literal] uphill struggle. You can plump for the quick bursts of speed afforded to you by the Sprint and Evade loadouts, or opt for a more turtle-esque approach and simply hold fast through the rough times with a dose of trusty Armor Lock. However you choose to roll (note: rolling not recommended, that's the balls' job, silly), at the journey's end you will find the ultimate mini-game staple, the faithful Mongoose, perfect for undoing all your hard work in a quick drive back downhill, where a rather macabre fountain awaits you to celebrate a job well done.

Whether you load this up for a solo run to try and score as many points as possible before the time runs out, or pit yourself against other players using the gametype's inbuilt team functionality, Avalanche's simple yet addicting quality will have you coming back time and again.

YouTube - Halo Reach Forge Maps (THFE) - "Avalanche, Insane DK" (Ep.1)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Avalanche

You can view the original map thread by the author here.

Want to see a map featured? Let us know here.

2. Rho Fs

Rho Fs 2x2 Forge Judge

Congratulations. This is a fun *** mini game. Glad this got featured. It is definitely well worth it.

3. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Yeah I kinda figured this would be feature. You know why? Cause it's ****ing awesome

4. D3ATH EYE

D3ATH EYE Forerunner

finally, ze epicness is featured! no but really, congrats on the feature darth, you deserve it. =)
    [​IMG]

Stevo: Fixed.

#4 D3ATH EYE, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011
  5. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

...Why don't you spoiler that

Anyway, yeah this is a fun map. What I love about it is its a mini-game that doesn't matter how many times you've played it before. There is no doing better or worse. If you can dodge a wrench...I mean dodge a ball you'll succeed in this game.

6. Darth Human

Darth Human Guy from Reach

I was doing the usual, playing custom games, forging, everything I usually do on a friday evening. Then I decided to take a break. Checked email, checked everything. Then in the back of my head, I thought, I wonder if another map got featured. The first thing I see is Avalance........... :O

THANK YOU!!! This really means a lot, I'm so glad you all like Avalanche! Thank you thank you thank you! =D

7. Berb

Berb Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

It was only a matter of time... Congrats darth, avalanche has been a community hit since its release so it was bound to be featured

8. Dinosaur Drugs

Dinosaur Drugs Forerunner
    Banned

This map definitely deserved the attention that it's getting. It was an ingenious way to use the new gametypes and it actualy turned out extremely fun, it is probably the best mini-game I've played so far in Reach and I've played a lot.

9. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

Definitely a staple for mini-game enthusiasts. I cannot see this being taken off anyone's HDD's who've given it a DL.

10. raptororieon

raptororieon Forerunner

To be honest... THIS MAP IS PWNZOOOR!! Congratz!

11. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex

Congrats Darth... a very unique and overly fun mini game :D

Nice write up too peggle <3

12. broccollipie

broccollipie Forerunner

I expected this to be featured earlier. Way to go, Darth!

13. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

Best. Feature. Ever.
    No seriously, I love this game. Huge hit with a lot of MLG guys too.

14. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Dont touch the balls... hehe

But seriously, epic map is epic!

15. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

the only thing better then this game is pegasi's write up of this game. Pleasure to read it and a pleasure to play all of Darth Human's Mini game. You could say im a darth human fanboy. Can't wait to see what other madness comes out.

16. Eightball

Eightball Forerunner

Haha I remember playing on this. It was sooo fun and funny. Grats on the feature.

17. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

You showed this to me and it was so much fun... even with 2 people!

18. 4shot

4shot Bloodgulch

Well, it's official. Competitive gaming is dead. You win, casuals.

In all seriousness though, this map definitely deserves the feature. This map almost makes mini-games look good.

19. migas1206

migas1206 Forerunner

this map is awesome to play with friends or by yourself!

20. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend

So much fun... yet so much pain. I honestly say there is no map I either love or hate more yet can't decide which. Either way, I'll have to play a few more games to find out. :) Great job man, congrats!